Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Strange Error Message

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
  • James Wright
    Participant

Hi Andy-

I’ve been seeing a strange error message off & on when logged into my wordpress account. It says, “Failure when receiving data from the peer Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data01/77/2284977/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/theme-updates/class-envato-wordpress-theme-upgrader.php on line 200″ ” – any idea what’s causing it?

Also, I noticed you did an update to the theme. Before I update to the latest version, what was changed/updated? I want to make sure I know what to look for in case it causes any unforseen issues for my already awesome theme πŸ™‚

Thanks!
    James

J Davis
    Participant

I’m also receiving the same error as above…and I can’t get into my wp-admin as super admin now. I believe I have the latest version already.

James Wright
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

James Wright
    Participant

I also reached out to Envato’s Market Help since in the error message it says “class-envato-wordpress-theme-upgrader.php” thinking they might have some insight & they responded saying the following…

“Hey James,

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to contact us, my name is Rob.

Thank you for letting us know about this, sadly this error appears to be an external problem. So as much as I’d love to assist you, only the Author (creator) will be able to help you. πŸ™

If you have any other questions, or need help with anything else. Please let me know and i’ll see what we can do.

Robert B
    Envato Market Help Team”

J Davis
    Participant

I’ve had similar response from themeforest/envato as well. The error is populating my error logs each time I hit an admin page. I sure wish someone here would help.

Jason
    Participant

I’ve also experienced this issue. I was forced to deactivate the Envato WordPress Toolkit Plugin and my site returned to normal. Hoping a fix is found soon.

James Wright
    Participant

@Jason – how long did it take for your site to go back to normal? I ask because I tried deleting the Envato WordPress Toolkit Plugin earlier today & nothing happened so I re-installed it. I just deleted it again, how long did you wait until you saw it go back to normal?

Jason
    Participant

I actually didn’t receive the error at first. When I was unable to access my admin, I assumed it was a server issue and contacted my hosting service. They deactivated all of my plugins so I could activate them one by one until I found the problem. When I reactivated Envato Worpress Toolkit, my admin would no longer load.

I had them deactivate the plugins again and the second time, I did not reactivate the Toolkit. I now see the same error you originally reported but since the plugin is not activated, it does not interfere with my site.

Now I’m hoping an update will pop up fixing the issue. So I have not deleted the plugin as of yet. Hope this helps.

J Davis
    Participant

Same thing with me, too. I get the feeling that it may have something to do with the envato theme updater’s api… as I deleted the toolkit yesterday and STILL have the error. What I’m trying to do is find a way to disable the theme update checker. If I find anything, I will report back.

Jason
    Participant

Are you having trouble uploading images now? I’m experiences errors whenever I try…

James Wright
    Participant

@Jason – When the error message appears it means you can’t do anything with admin services or administer your site, meaning you can’t upload images, etc. I also contacted my hosting service, the plugin was nowhere to be found on the server to deactivated (they deactivated all plugins & still the problem existed). I did find a folder where the file in question existed & thought if I delete that file if it might just get rid of the plugin but it didn’t – so I just put it back.

So, all in all – no one can fix this but Andy πŸ™‚ Andy – we are at your mercy for help with this one! πŸ™‚

Thanks!
    James
    http://JamesWantsToKnowYou.com

Jason
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

KarenEliuk
    Participant

I’m experiencing all of the above also … help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi all,

It appears ThemeForest had lots of downtime over the weekend due to attacks. This meant the theme could not check for updates to the theme.

It looks like they’re dealing with this currently. If you’re still experiencing issues, let me know and I’ll provide a way to disable the checks. I’m confident ThemeForest are addressing this currently.

Jason
    Participant

Andy,

Is there any notifications on ThemeForest that they acknowledge this issue? In the post above they stated it was a theme issue:

β€œHey James,

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to contact us, my name is Rob.

Thank you for letting us know about this, sadly this error appears to be an external problem. So as much as I’d love to assist you, only the Author (creator) will be able to help you. πŸ™

If you have any other questions, or need help with anything else. Please let me know and i’ll see what we can do.

Robert B
    Envato Market Help Team”

… It’s unfortunate that they were attacked and hopefully things resolve soon. Any insight as to how a plugin that is deactivated and deleted can still halt any progress on a website?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.