Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Strange Group Title Issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff Schodde
    Participant

* Using BP 1.7.2, Dynamix 3.0.3, WP 3.51, bbPress 2.3.2
    * I have migrated my legacy BuddyPress forums into bbPress.
    * I am allowing each group to have its own forum
    * I currently have only two groups and thus, two forums. I also have one bbPress category called “Group Forums” so all of the group forums will fall under this category when viewed from the /forums/ page.

Problem: Whenever I view a group page, the main title (class=”post-titles”) shows the “Group Forums” forum name as the title! Example Group Page:
    Example group page.

My Forums:
    My Forums

If I remove all of the forms, the proper title is displayed for the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

I really don’t know where that is being loaded in from, it doesn’t seem to appear on this site. Two things you could try, use the Customization Screencast to inspect element and work out how to hide it using CSS or ask on the BuddyPress forums to see if there is an option anywhere to disable?

Sorry I can’t be of any more help than that, this site isn’t running the very latest of BP, so it maybe something they’ve introduced since.

Jeff Schodde
    Participant

I’ve discovered a little more this morning. When I switch to the default BP theme, that title does not appear. I then went back to the Dynamix theme and opened the page I’m using for the groups. I toggled the Header option “Off” and viola!, the expected title appears.
    heading off

I can’t explain this behavior.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

I have looked into this further and come up with the following code. Please try it out and let me know the results.

Please add this to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS

body.groups .post-titles h1 {
    display: none;}

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff Schodde
    Participant

Works perfectly thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.