Home / Forums / ePix Support / Super Slow: Please help! Also looking for search ad 'i' icons in code to remove

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • David Volkmann
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking for a little guidance. The template looks great but in this case it is super slow even after the install of W3 Total Cache. Could you please take a look and advise on what may be causing the slowness. I am also looking for where to find the search and ‘i’ icons on the left hand rail so that I can hide them.

http://davidvolkmannphotography.com/

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

W3 Total Cache is a very very bad plugin. It can destroy themes and just makes matters worse! I recommend completely flushing the cache within the plugin, un-ticking everything that has previously been ticked, flushing it again, then completely deleting the plugin.

I recommend testing out using the plugin, WP Fastest Cache as we have found an improvement when using this cache plugin alone.
    With the following settings:
    Cache System: TICK
    Mobile: TICK
    Minify HTML: TICK
    Gzip: TICK

We have had good results with this plugin.

To remove the search icon, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Header tab > Main Menu > Display Search, OFF.
    To remove the ‘i’ icon, go to Appearance > Widgets > Information Panel > Remove all widgets from it.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

zistudios
    Participant

Tom (Support), by chance do you know if WP Super Cache works well with your theme? I also was dealing with the site being painfully slow. My other sites with this host have not had this issue.

zistudios
    Participant

>

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi DeLaun,

Yes, this is why we recommend using it.

I recommend checking if you have anything added in the Flickr field though. Go to Appearance > Theme Options > General > Flickr User ID and remove anything in there.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.