Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Switching from Dynamix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Paul Kunkel
    Participant

I use Dynamix on a site wangjingwei.org with over 100 pages, built with VC throughout. There is very little customization. Before I bite the bullet and switch to “You” can you give me an idea what kind of work I’m in for so I can decide if/when to make that switch? I do like “You” but my site currently has very low speed, wonder if this would improve with “You” which also has some nicer design features I like.

Thank you.

Hi @macusersince85

Most if not all elements used in your Dynamix site should work on YOU since both are dependent on VC. But if your reason for switching is to speed up the site, the theme plays a little part to this. Can you send over your site URL so we can check what’s dragging the loading time?

Regards,

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

It’s http://wangjingwei.org

Thanks for your help.

Hi @macusersince85

Your site is pretty light but the load time of 5 seconds is not too good. The load time seems to be mostly spent on ‘waiting’ for the server to respond. Have you coordinated with your hosting provider to look into how to improve the load time?

The You theme is indeed faster than Dynamix, so switching will help, but it is still best to eliminate the possibility that the issue with the load time is with your hosting provider.

Regards,

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

Yes, thanks you. I will work with hosting company first.

You’re welcome, @macusersince85

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.