Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Tabbed slider and multiple gallery's

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Robin Lewis
    Participant

Hi,

About a year ago you helped me creat the tabbed slider on my home page and it was great, please see http://www.robinlewismedia.co.uk

You gave me this code to do it

[tabswrap] [tabhead id=”1″] NOTABLE PROJECTS [/tabhead] [tabhead_last id=”2″] EDITING SOFTWARE [/tabhead_last] [tab id=”1″] [postgallery_slider content="textimage" categories="Recent Projects" shadow="shadow-medium" id="0" imageeffect="shadowreflection" imgheight="140" imgwidth="225" height="470" /] [/tab] [tab id=”2″] [postgallery_slider content="textimage" categories="Images of software" shadow="shadow-medium" id="2" imageeffect="shadowreflection" imgheight="140" imgwidth="210" height="470" /] [/tab] [/tabswrap]

The image above it is a stage gallery. A problem I am having is that the slider uses one of my categories to get its content but I want to be able to control what three images it displays on the first screen but i seem to have no control the ordering displays it’s content.

Now I do not really need the tabs I just want the main homepage image then under it another grid like gallery displaying my recent work with a small blurb underneath. How can I do this? I can only seem to have one gallery per page and as my main image is a gallery I cannot then make a neat grid underneath with my recent projects by using something like the grid gallery.

I hope this makes sense, can you help me earthier be able to order the posts my tabbed slider is showing or tell me how to grid a second gallery below my image.

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Robin,

As you are on the latest version of DynamiX, I recommend using Visual Composer to build your pages visually. This is a lot easier than using the code editor. The shortcode above is from a very early version of the theme. There have been some big leaps since. For more information regarding the Visual Composer, please see the screencast here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Robin Lewis
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Fortunately that is the only code I have ever used and only because I was advised to on this forum so very happy to change it for something better.

Yes I am on the latest version but cannot use the Visual composer as yesterday it showed my site as a total mess yet the actual site updated fine. Say that for the first time ever, today it shows the site ok yet does no show all the elements like the Tabbed slider on my home page. I see that on the composer I cannot set galleries ETC so could not use it to set those sort of elements.

What would be the best way to have my site look how it is now but to have a grid gallery instead of the tabbed viewer? My problem I guess is to get the image to sit on the site the way it is I have used a Stage Gallery therefor not giving me the option to use a grid gallery for the ‘Recent work’?

Does that makes sense?

Robin Lewis
    Participant

All sorted now sorry I was in the customise section not the VISUAL COMPOSER

THANK YOU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.