Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Tabs Not Switching Correctly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Geo
    Participant

I have the latest build of WordPress and Latest build of DynamiX 2.9.2.  When I select a tab it changes to that tab however the menu doesn’t show as it should. See below:

Incorrect Tab Visual when selecting Torre 2 tab (shows info but doesnt show tab being selected):

Bad Tabs

Correct Tab Visual  when selecting Lorem Ipsum (Shows Info and Show Correct Tab Selected):

Good Tab

Hope this makes sense any any help would be appreciated. I have deactivated all plugins still same issue. I have also tried creating a brand new tab set with only 4 tabs same issue. I was having this issue in 2.9 and upgraded today to 2.9.2 to see if it was resolved but same issue.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Geo,

Do you have a link to that page – I’ll be able to see if there are any errors showing.

Geo
    Participant

Unfortunately its not a public website and is only hosted on a local network. Can i copy paste the code that you need to look at here? I have created a test page on the site with a test Tab that is having the issue. Here is the source list tell me what you would like to see source code wise:

source code list

Geo
    Participant

Just re-downloaded WordPress and the DynamiX theme and loaded up the mysql database with default settings and same issue is happening. It has to be something with the SQL database 🙁

Geo
    Participant

Well I created a brand new wordpress DB in mysql and same issue. Could this have been broken with an update?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No, the upgrades do not affect the DB, only saving options, pages, posts could affect this, but that is server side and the tabs work client side, I’m not sure what could have happened in the DB for the script to have that issue, strange.

Unless there is some HTML in the title which could cause an issue. Is there anyway to test this on a web server?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Or post the shortcode here and I’ll test it on mine.

Geo
    Participant

Andy,

On a brand new installation of wordpress, and a brand new mysql database I can reproduce the issue with none of my websites data. Can you verify your tabs look correct on wordpress 3.5 and Dynamix 2.9.2 fresh installation?

I am not putting any content in the tabs for this test I am just selecting short code -> tabs -> 4 tabs -> Insert shortcode into page -> preview = and am currently seeing this issue.

The Website is running off a default installation of 10.7.5 Installation of Mac OS X. Not sure if this is the problem.

This is the shortcode data on the default sample page for a fresh install of Dynamix:

[tabswrap] [tabhead id=”1″] title 1 [/tabhead] [tabhead id=”2″] title 2 [/tabhead] [tabhead id=”3″] title 3 [/tabhead] [tabhead_last id=”4″] title 4 [/tabhead_last] [tab id=”1″] tabcontent 1 [/tab] [tab id=”2″] tabcontent 2 [/tab] [tab id=”3″] tabcontent 3 [/tab] [tab id=”4″] tabcontent 4 [/tab] [/tabswrap]

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ah it’s WP 3.5 causing the issue – try editing DynamiX/style.css and replacing the following:

.ui-tabs-selected

with

.ui-tabs-active

Geo
    Participant

There are three instances of this in style.css should I do all three?

Geo
    Participant

Seems to be working now after I replaced all 3 instances of .ui-tabs-selected in style.css

Yes, this is correct & thanks for the feedback! 😉

Outpost12 Studios
    Participant

Hey Andy-

I’m having the same issue as Geo- here’s a link to the page:

http://injureplay.com/resources/

I tried to replace the three instances of “.ui-tabs-selected” with “.ui-tabs-active”, but no luck! Now the selected tab is white!

What am I doing wrong?

Outpost12 Studios
    Participant

Actually, I’m guessing that this has to do with the fact that my content is on the dark setting as opposed to the light setting. Is there an easy way to switch this?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yep, if you do the same process with DynamiX/stylesheets/dark-content.css , it should resolve the dark tabs too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.