Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / TERSO TO DYNAMIX

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Cap Leader
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a fatal error when I want to instal Dynamix instead of Terso just to see what it could be .
    I have also a “fatal error” when, on my other website) I want to instal Dynamix 4.0.6 instead of DynamiX 2.9.2
    5 I leaved this version because I had troubles with others recents versions)
    Many thanks for your help
    Kind regards
    Patrick

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

How are you trying to update the theme? Exactly what is the error shown? Are you using the Envato Toolkit plugin as mentioned in the documentation here?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Cap Leader
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

I am confused at exactly what you are trying to do now.

Before I start installing I want to be 100% sure as to what you are trying to achieve.

You are trying to install 4.0.6 DynamiX onto the performer institute site?

What exactly are you trying to do with the capleader site too?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Cap Leader
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    I just want to pre visualize the site looks like with DynamiX 4.0.6 but not installed. Just to take a look.
    For both of them.
    I am to afraid to loose what I have done. (Specially with PerformerInstitute I am afraid to loose everything)
    For capleader.eu, I am glad with Terso but it is not Parralax image and video. Maybe it is easier to see what it’s look likes with DynamiX. I don’t know if once installed we have a risk to loose the sliders or maybe Revolution slider is inside both of them and the sliders are saving?
    Just to take a look to see what it could be with DynamiX 4.0.6 🙂
    Kind regards
    Patrick

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

I see what you mean now.

You can preview what the site will look like by going to Appearance > Themes > Hover of the latest DynamiX and click Live Preview.

This will give you a brief representation of how it will look. I do recommend updating to the latest version of DynamiX though as 4.0.6 is out of date already.

When updating to the latest version from a very old version, there are a lot of things that have changed. There will be a few things you need to reselect including your menu, sidebars and you may have to rebuild some pages. The framework of the theme has been updated and there are some big advances in the code.

For example, the shortcode generator has been replaced with Visual Composer, so you will need to re-create some galleries using the new software as they are translatable since they use very old code.

Please view the following screencasts for more information.

3.+ Overview
    Live Skin Customizer
    Visual Composer
    Shortcode generator (‘t’)

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Cap Leader
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

You can just activate the newer version of the theme to see what it is like, then re-activate the old one again once you are done, but going this will throw your sidebar widgets into the inactive box so you will have to re-select them again.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.