Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Testimonials widget

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • MFKing
    Participant

I see a widget showing testimonials embedded into the body of your frontpage (http://dynamix.themeva.com/) just above the footer widget area. This appears like a slider of some sort… How do you get this?

http://www.harrogateweddingpianist.co.uk/faq/ (at the bottom)

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi and Happy New Year too!

That’s using the “Northvantage Gallery” – You create the “testimonials” via Posts > Add new > set the Post Format to “Quote” and add the testimonial to the post content > Save to a category, e.g. “Testimonials” and then goto Appearance > Widgets > Northvantage Gallery > set the Data Source to Post Categories, select your “Testimonials” category and then set the “Post Format” to “Quote”. That should do it.

MFKing
    Participant

Cheers Andy. Thannk you for your quick reply. By the way is it possible to reside the height of the footer without adding widgets?

MFKing
    Participant

@Andy I’m wanting to include the testimonials into the main body of my page not in the footer so I don’t see an option to add a Northvantage gallery here… Am I missing something?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

No worries, you can add a Stage Gallery via the Visual Composer > Select the Post Categories as a Data Source, select “Quotes” Post Format and that will do the same thing.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards,
    Andy

Gary
    Participant

I am updating my old theme to vesrion 5 and now there is a thumbnail slider on the right of the testimonials like a navigation preview…How do you remove the small thumbnail navigation squares and arrow that appear on the right of the testimonials?

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Gary.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

Can you post a link please, I’m not sure what you mean?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.