Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Text Editing mode – shortcodes readability

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

Hi,

I actually using only the “Visual Composer” and the Text (html) editor, not the “rich one” that comes with WP and can break the contents entirely, I have it disabled from the profiles confs, anyways:

When you create contents from Visual Composer and switch back to the classic mode (plain text), it is very hard to read the shortcodes, in other words, they are put all of them in the same block.

For the simplicity of reading it, and of course the usability of dynamix for any user in order to be able to edit and modify shortcodes parameters without turn crazy, they should look in a more readable way, for that I suggest to simply separate them with newlines (not <br>’s of html, just a newline to visualize in the editor), more exactly:

• a new line after each “closing” of shortcode, like [/something]
    • two newlines for each closing of “rows”-type shortcodes, the elements that you see as a block in the visual composer, so a block of text (so with an empty newline) in the classic editor, to be able to differentiate easly what is each block on the composer and text

Thank you
    Thanatermesis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We agree but WordPress doesn’t allow you to do that as if you add spaces in, it adds in extra paragraphs and with ThemeForest you are not aloud to write a script that stops the formatting from happening. Unfortunately, the only way is to have everything bunched up.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.