Home / Forums / ePix Support / Text resizer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • CYPhoto
    Participant

Hi,

I was looking at the documentations for EPix and it was listing a feature called Text resizer and we had the option to turn it off. However, I looked everywhere and I do not see that option available. Could you help out?

Also, I have installed plugin Facebook-AWD, and when I insert the plugin into my blog post and click “preview changes”, it is at the end of my post, but after I click “Update” and then go back in to visit my site, the plugin disappears, would you know how to help with this?

Thanks!

CYPhoto
    Participant

For the facebook-awd, I kind of figured it out. It looks like when I preview my blog post, it goes under URL http://www.clydeyeungphotography.com/2014/02/10/first-blog/ and the plugin would show up, however, when i click on my “blog” under the sidebar menu, the URL is http://www.clydeyeungphotography.com/blog-2 and this page doesn’t have the FB plugin.

Essentially I don’t really understand the feature of the “Blog” page because when I go under Pages > Blog, there is no content, however, I go under posts and create my “first post”, then it would appear under the “blog” page when I visit the site, but when I go into “Pages>blog” i don’t see anything. I’m sorry I’m new to this and can’t grasp the context…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Text Resizer function was removed from ePix so the option should not exist anymore in the later versions of ePix.

The facebook comments box will only appear on post pages as that is what you want people to comment on, I do not think it would appear on the blog page as there is not a specific topic to comment on.

The blog page is empty when editing it as it pull in the posts you have created and displays them automatically on the page. The blog page displays and excerpt (a preview) of each post.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

CYPhoto
    Participant

Is there a way to disable text resizer even though the function was removed?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you update to the latest version of ePix, this option will completely disappear so there will be no worries about it.

For information on updating, please follow the documentation here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

CYPhoto
    Participant

I do have the latest version. My problem is that I do not want the text to resize, but it currently is, is there a way to stop it from resizing now since the option to enable/unable is gone?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean? How is the text resizing? What action are you using?

Kind regards,
    Tom

CYPhoto
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, I thought you meant the text resizer button that you click and the text increases in size. This was removed from ePix.

The text size will increase when you size down the page as the theme is responsive and your other site does not seem to be. When the window gets smaller and fits on say an iPad, the text size has to increase to suit.

It looks like you have fixed the text size now though? Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
    Tom

CYPhoto
    Participant

hmm…. well the size of the text doesn’t change. What I meant was that, for example, if my text spans over 5 lines when my browser is in full-screen mode, I want it to also span over 5 lines when my browser is taking up only half my screen, meaning I do not want the formatting of the text to change and “respond” to how small/big the window of my browser is.

I wasn’t sure if doing it this way would take away the “responsiveness” feature of the theme. I just think it would look better that way.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is the responsiveness responding to the size of the window. It will size the site down slightly if you are using a smaller screen. You can turn the responsiveness off via the theme options under Appearance > Theme Options > General > Responsive Design, OFF.

Hope this helps.

Tom

CYPhoto
    Participant

great, thanks a lot!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.