Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Text Size and Height In Styled Box Help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • adam
    Participant

I am inserting text inside a styled box to act as a banner for the home page.  The styled box uses a Post Gallery Image Set that includes rotating statements that are saved as a slide set in the Gallery Slide Sets.  The problem is that when I increase the FONT size so the text looks more like a banner, the text letters are cut off on the top and the bottom.  A "y" for example, loses its tail when I increase the font size.  The problem seems to be that the height space used for text within the style box is too short.  It works well if I use only text that is formatted inside the page's edit box.  But when I use text within a Gallery Slide Set, I cannot increase the height margin for text in order to use larger fonts.  Do I need to edit the code somewhere to increase the height of the text used within Gallery Slide Sets?  Or is this a text height adjustment that should be made to the Styled Box itself?  Help!!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Can you send a link to the page you're working on so I can see what is happening. Thanks

adam
    Participant

Andy, please forget the issue I stated here.  I figured it out!  I NEED HELP with the following:  I want to use TEXT for my page title instead of an image (given that I need a black background and don't want to use photoshop to change the style.  Too much trouble.  If there is a way to reset all background to BLACK, that would be great.  I wish you would offer just BLACK as a background option so non-techies could easily load logos that would color match a black logo background to the site background.  That is the first question…  The second, and more pressing question is HOW TO CHANGE SITE TITLE FONT.  I have loaded a new font and the FONT PLUGIN to use.  I can change the navigation to the new font using #header and the new font.  But I cannot figure out how to change the SITE TITLE to the new font.  I have tried using #site-title, #header-logo and every possible variation I can find in support forums to fix this.  PLEASE

adam
    Participant

… please open http://www.automadic.com to see what I mean.  The Title is using the default font, but I have changed the navigation (Home, Page 1…) to the new font.  I did this using a plugin where I input #header and the new font, h1 and the new font, h2 and the new font, etc.  This works for everything excpet the actual site title.    Please tell me the code to change the Site Title to the new font.  Again, I have tried #header-logo h1 a… and every variation I can find.  Or please just tell me an easier way to do this.  Much appreciated!!!  Adam

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Adam, 

There are no plugins required to change the font on DynamiX.

If you navigate to WP Admin -> General Settings -> Cufon Font -> Click the link to download new fonts -> Download one and upload it to the media library. Copy the URL into the cufon font box and then save. 

If you want to use the plug in you need to turn cufon fonts off. 

All the above is explained in the documentation. 

http://help.themeva.com/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/help/documentation.html#two

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.