Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Text size in Grid Gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Anne LN
    Participant

Hello all 😉

I'm trying to changing the size of the text below each thum in the grid gallery ( this one is 4 colums ). I'm looking where I have to change the code, knowing I want to change the size of the "Title" and also the "Description". I thought it was in the style.css, here :

.grid-gallery .panelcontent h2 {margin-bottom:10px;}

.grid-gallery .panel.columns-4 .panelcontent h2, .grid-gallery .panel.columns-5 .panelcontent h2 {

font-size:16px;

}

.grid-gallery .panel.columns-6 .panelcontent h2, .grid-gallery .panel.columns-6 .panelcontent h2 {

font-size:14px;

}

But copying it in my child style.css, it doesn't change anything.

Any help please ?

Thank you so much.

Anne

Anne LN
    Participant

OK. I finally found it's in lib/inc/grid-gallery-frame.php , line 192 :

<h4><?php if(!$DYN_disablegallink) { ?><a href="<?php if($DYN_galexturl) { echo $DYN_galexturl; } ?>" title="<?php echo $DYN_posttitle; ?>"><?php } ?><?php echo $DYN_posttitle; ?><?php if(!$DYN_disablegallink) { ?></a><?php } ?></h4>

Just changing the <h2> in other <h> class.

In change I have please other question : As I'm using a child theme, do I have to duplicate everything ? I Mean, as the lib/inc folders doesn't exist in the Dynamix CHild, do I have to create them, and to duplicate also "grid-gallery-frame.php", only with the lines I change ?

I know this is not really a "Dynamix" question, but I don't manage to find the solution. Thank you very much 🙂

Anne LN
    Participant

This is crazy. The size doesn't change anymore. Am I right please in where I have to modify the code for "title" and 'description" in grid gallery ?

THANK YOU for helping.

Anne

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anne,

You may have to put a !important after the value – this will override the normal style.css

e.g.

.grid-gallery .panel.columns-6 .panelcontent h2, .grid-gallery .panel.columns-6 .panelcontent h2 {

font-size:14px !important;

}

Hope that helps

Anne LN
    Participant

Thank you very much but do I have to understand Andy that If I have to modify something in a php file of the DYnamix folder I have to do it using only the style.css file of Dynamix Child ? I'm sorry asking you this but in all the tutorials I found about Child theme in WP, I didn't find this kind of explication. For example, my language modifications : to keep it in case of updates, I was thinking to duplicate a"lib" and "inc" folders to put inside "constants.php" where I modify all the words ? Because when I do this it doesn"t work. So I just want to know If a child allow only to modify css or all I want.

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day. 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to add those CSS changes to the DynamiX-Child/style.css file. 

Hope that helps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.