Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Thanks for a brilliant theme! – two q’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Agileflower
    Participant

Hi – first thanks for an amazing theme. It's brilliant and took my very rather rubbishy looking website and helped me make it both functional and easier to look at !!!

On your demo site you have, in the footer, a 'testimonial' flitting in and out in the DynamiX widget there. When I try to use that widget it only lets me select Slide Sets – if I select a Category, unselect the 'slide set' (as it overrides the categories), it re-selects the slide set and the widget is therefore blank.  Am I doing something wrong? If I want these to be testimonials would I create a pictureless slide set or?

Also I have read about how to adjust the menu width but what I'd like to do is create some room for a continuation of the menu. Right now, if I add top level navigation, they fall behind the images.  (http://www.parentsallianceforcommunityschools.org)  Where would I go to adjust that padding? I scanned the file for the style but am notorious for experimenting myself into a mess!

Thanks again!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That seems strange – I've not had any other reports of this. Do you have any plugins installed and if you disable them does the issue disappear?

I'm not sure what you mean by the menu falling behind the images?

Agileflower
    Participant

I will do plugin testing tonight. Re: menu – if I add more main pages to the navigation, they go down to another row below the current one – and thus behind the images that are pulled up in the homepage gallery. I need to make a buffer between the bottom of the menu and the spot where the top of the image starts (so I can have two rows of menu items)

Thanks!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

They defintiely shouldn't go behind the gallery – what browser are you using?

Agileflower
    Participant

I normally use Firefox (updated) and I checked in IE too – if you add main navigation items to the menu selected for 'top' it adds them – but they fall behind the gallery.   I have those pages 'off' at the moment (because you can't see them anyway) .

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I see what you mean, it's not designed to have more than the widths worth of menu items. Best I can suggest is to create more drop menus?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.