Home / Forums / You Theme Support / The acoda typewriter widget doesn’t wrap/scale text in a mobile device properly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Julian Holtom
    Participant

Hey, me again (sorry). The acoda typewriter widget doesn’t wrap/scale text in a mobile device properly (iPhone6+) I used the fix you gave previously, but the words now hyphenate which is pretty ugly.

And I’m still awaiting a solution for the mouse over/ black overlay issue with the Acoda group slider when set to image only please?

Julian Holtom
    Julian Holtom
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @jah67

Can you send screenshots because I checked your site and the texts are scaled properly and the only issue I see is the letters are breaking to wrap in a smaller screen.

Regards,

Julian Holtom
    Julian Holtom
    Participant

Well that’s the issue, it’s hyphenating words, and it’s ugly. Is there a way to stop it and force it to use a new line?

Also, I’m still awaiting a solution for the mouse over/ black overlay issue with the Acoda group slider when set to image only please?

Hi @jah67

I have forwarded this typewriter issue to the developer to check if there’s a way around this because looking at it, each letter on the typewriter is on a separate span. So each letter acts independently, so it may not be possible to let the word start a new line instead of breaking.

For the other issue you specified, can you please give us more information on this or send us the thread link so we can review?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi @jah67,

I’m working on this for you now.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ok,

I’ve managed to resolve the Group Slider for you. I’ll add a bit of CSS for the next update that will hide the “overlay” when the disable icons option is enabled.

With regards to the typewriter, this is much more complicated. If it were a normal sentence, we could add “word-wrap:break-word” CSS to the element and it would put the word onto the next line. But because the animation is designed to animate each character, the browser reads it differently.

If you could provide your FTP details, I’ll work on this to separate the words as well as the characters, this way we should be able to manage it better on smaller devices.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Julian Holtom
    Julian Holtom
    Participant

Err, i’m not sure what you’ve done, but my site is well and truly broken now…
    Please check your changes.

Julian Holtom
    Julian Holtom
    Participant

Ignore that, some weird caching issues
    Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I can’t get hold of my clients FTP details .

Hi @jah67,

The developer, Andy, needs the FTP access so he can directly apply the tweaks for the typewriter. If you do not know where to find it, you can coordinate with your hosting provider.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi @jah67,

I’ve replicated the issue and I’m working on a solution for the Typewriter. Rest assured, I’ll have a solution shortly 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Julian Holtom
    Julian Holtom
    Participant

You sir, are a star. Thank you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.