Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / The simplest, non deletion of them way to update the theme??????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • David Trees
    Participant

Hello,

I am quite frustated as i am a relative newby having never needed to update this theme.

With Avada I just click update and the theme updates.

I received and email saying there is an update available. I have Dynamix 3.0.1 installed now.

Cool, HOW do I update it please…!

I read the instructions in your documentation, which are as clear as mud to me as a newbie.

I don’t want to lose the site info or layouts or colours for the site; they took me ages to get my friend/client to agree.

How do I update the them WITHOUT deleting anything? I cannot find the files as described in the instructions sorry.

I am not confident with overwriting a file and using FTP to find a file. I did use FTP to upload the WP instal to the Shared hosting on HG and set up the site intially but that was the first and only time I’ve done it. It was way back in April too 😐

Is there a really low tech, numpty friendly (LoL) way to update the theme please…

The theme is playing up now too and not letting me change/add the Slide Set Manager images. It doesn’t even take me into the editing section. I click on Edit and… It just takes me to something to do with SEO by Yoast and Custom Fields, fields…??? after showing me the images for literally a split second and then they disappear and are no more?? 🙁

I have an taken a grab shot of where my edit request ends up now, not sure how to attach it to this post?? Sorry

David Trees
    Participant

OK, So here is a tiny update… I went and re watched the YT video.

I cannot see any Slide Set Manager images options at all. Either when I try to edit the SSM or when I try to create a new one.

I haven’t changed any settings from when I did it the first time and it worked brilliantly from the get go. All I want to do it add one image to slide set.

So I really have no idea why the Slide set manager isn’t working now either.

Thanks Andy and the team there. I really do appreciate your help but I’ve lost bulk time today trying to fix this.

Please help… I’m going down for the 3rd time and my hands raised… LoL 😉

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

We recommend updating the theme using the Envato plugin as described here as once installed, it is the simplest way of updating themes with just a few clicks.

If you have made changes to the core theme files then when you upgrade the update will override these changes. If you have made your CSS changes using the Custom CSS field under Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS, then your changes will be saved across.

You won’t loose your Theme Option settings either way.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David Trees
    Participant

Hi Tom,

As mentioned, I tried all the things in the instructions. Including the Envato option mentioned by yourself above.

They all come back saying install failed or something like that.

What about my other issue below this main issue please Tom?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Do you have a login to your site so I can take a further look into the update and the slide set problem. If you are upgrading from a earlier version, have you read the post here?

Please set your reply to private when posting login details too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David Trees
    Participant

Tom,

You’re legend. I hadn’t seen the post before and it worked a treat.

The other seems to be resolved also.

Thanks for your kindness and patience. Newbies…Humph… Who needs them hey?

LoL

🙂

Cheers again.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thank you for the kind comments, we aim to help 🙂

Have a great day.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.