Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Theme issues with activation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Dara Svay
    Participant

Hi, I just purchased this theme and when I tried to follow the instruction of uploading the theme through ftp, it seems to work but when I activated it, this shows up, “Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.”

Can someone tell me why this happened please.

Thanks,

Dsvay

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dsvay,

That’s unusual, have you tried installing it via the Envato Plugin. http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

What version of WordPress are you using?

Dara Svay
    Participant

I have installed the Envato plugin and the same issue happened. I thought there were issues with other plugins, so I deactivated all of the plugins and tried to install the theme, but the same issue happened. I am using wordpress version 3.6 and buddypress version 1.8.1.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dara,

Can you provide your WP login details so I can take a look at what is happening, FTP would be useful too, so I can check out the error log.

Dara Svay
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m just about to work on this now.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You were hitting the WordPress memory limit, i’ve increased it via wp-config.php file – see here for more details:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

All seems to be okay now.

Dara Svay
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Dara Svay
    Participant

HI Andy,

Some of the users on my site and I noticed that when we all go on the site and try to scroll down the page, it automatic brings us back up without letting us view what’s in the bottom. However, when we all logged in, everything seems fine.
    How can I fix this?

Dara Svay
    Participant

Sorry if I did not start a new topic in the forum.
    My apology.

Dsvay

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dsvay,

Do you know what page this is happening on, I’ve had no other reports of this.

Dara Svay
    Participant

This is happening on my home, blogs, and what’s new page.

Dsvay

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I think it’s because the logo is quite large that when it changes when you scroll down it, it reduces the logo to size that then means the entire page doesn’t need to scroll. I hope that makes sense. The only way to overcome is to either 1. Add more content to the page / footer 2. Reduce your logo size considerably.

Dara Svay
    Participant

Thanks Andy,

Your solutions work.

Dsvay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.