Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Theme options not transferring after changing host

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff Dyson
    Participant

I built a new website on a dev server and then uploaded it to a new hosting account. After all the data was uploaded and db transferred all of the theme options have disappeared.

For example, the images are either not showing or displaying an incorrect image on the web page. Also, the post images are not appearing in the post. Finally, the navigation menu has now moved from the left side of the page to the right side of the page on all pages.

Any ideas on how to transfer the theme options from one host to another?

Thanks….

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

What version of dynamix are you using?

Secondly how did you do the transfer? The best way to transfer from server to server is to do it by phpMyAdmin on the server, have a search in google for how you do this.

Any other way and you’ll start to run into issues, because of image paths in media library etc.

Jeff Dyson
    Participant

Thanks for the reply … how do I find the DynamiX version? I checked the index, header, and a few other pages and don’t see it anywhere.

Regarding the transfer … I exported it via phpMyAdmin into a sql file and then uploaded/imported it via phpMyAdmin on the new server.

Any thoughs? Thanks..

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

To find the theme verion – go to Appearance -> Themes and check the number next to DynamiX. 

Secondly, how did you enter the image path, did you use the domain name? 

And last of all, have you downloaded the wp-content/uploads folder and uploaded to your new server?

Jeff Dyson
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info and I found that I was using version 2.5.  I went back to ThemeForest and downloaded the latest version (2.7.5) but still no joy. 

As for the image path … I uploaded the images through the WP admin as I was building the site and it appears that the full path was posted to the db on the original site.  However, after transfer, the new theme version seems to have removed the full path, replaced it with a relative path, and then displays a random image in it's place.

To see what I am referring to please go to the original site at:  http://www.dysontech.com/garytemplin

The new hosting account / site is at:  http://test.dysontech.com

Take a look at the home page and you will see the small thumbs for the 9 posts which are the incorrect images.  Also, you'll notice that the navigation has now moved from the left side of the page to the right side of the page.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

Jeff Dyson
    Participant

@FLiCKaPix – thanks for the links but unfortunately I've done those steps already.  In fact, I've even had one of the creators of WPMU Dev working on the site transfer with me and he was the one who told me that the theme functionality/interactivity with the db is off.

The errors that I'm experiencing are:

1. Theme not remembering the "disable breadcrumbs" checkbox (under post layout)

2. Page layout configuration

3. Post Image/Gallery options (image URL)

It's probably more effort than it's worth to try and figure out the issue since it will most likely take only a few minutes to re-upload 9 images to the new site & check a few boxes after it has been transferred.

If I find a fix after the move I'll post the results here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Was the database you transferred to completely empty? 

The theme just listens to the DB, it can't change image paths or data – sometimes if the database isn't empty it can cause issues because the post/page id's change? 

Jeff Dyson
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Yes the database was completely empty as it was a new one that setup for this new site.  Should I update the original site with the new theme, export the db, then create a new db on the new hosting account and try to re-import the db and new theme?

-Jeff

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

maybe a few tables were left out in the database,i know mine span several pages,also its important to make sure the wp-config has the right data for the new database.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.