Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Theme Post Options Only Show on Default Wp Post and Not on Custom Post types

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • awesome
    Participant

Hello,

I have noticed that I cannot get the theme individual post settings tab to show on custom post types as shown in the images below. I think this is a bug and I wanted to put it forward so that I can be fixed in the next theme update.
    Normal post:
    https://imgur.com/a/ZRMrD

Custom post:
    https://imgur.com/a/AsiH7

Hi @norsam

Technically, it should work since basing on my test site, the options appear when creating a Portfolio item, which is considered a Custom Post type.

Have you tried to disable all your plugins to check if any of them is causing the issue?

Regards,

awesome
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

I have effectively determined that it is not a plugin conflict. This is what’s going on:
    The portfolio post types shows the theme options for its posts. But custom post types created with any other plugin do not show theme options. I am using a plugin called Custom Post Type UI. But none of the custom post types that I create have the theme options showing up for them.

But the portfolio post type plugin that comes with the You theme will show the theme options.

I want to use my own post type called “Books”.

Hi @norsam

I have tested this on my site using Custom Post Type UI plugin, and indeed the options for the theme do not appear on the post type.

I will forward this to the developer to check if it’s an easy fix or for consideration on future updates for the theme.

Regards,

awesome
    Participant

Thanks Edcel.
    I just hope he can keep up with all the suggestions.

Hi @norsam

It is a valid suggestion which really makes sense, so I hope it will get implemented as well because there is a possibility another customer may ask for it. 🙂

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.