Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Theme update breaks my CSS styling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin
    Participant

Hi,

I have updated the theme on my site to theme version 5.1

I am using WP version 4.4.2

I am using VC version 4.9.1

However, it has broken lots of the css around the site. We have made these updates on a staging environment so when we compare it to the live site using the older versions you can clearly see the difference.

Examples:

1)
    Homepage live – http://www.drivingmonitor.com/
    Homepage staging – http://drivingmonitor.staging.wpengine.com/

2)
    Product page live – http://www.drivingmonitor.com/driver-risk-management-overview/driver-risk-assessment/
    Product page staging – http://drivingmonitor.staging.wpengine.com/driver-risk-management-overview/driver-risk-assessment/

Please can you help us fix this issue by letting us know what CSS we need to adjust to make it all look the same as the live site?

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s interesting, it seems to have created two column classes which conflict, hence why it’s only two columns now and not four.

I don’t believe it’s a case of fixing the CSS, something else seems to be confused. Can you confirm VC Elements are switched on via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Visual Composer.

Also, can you try updating to the BETA version here: http://acoda.com/forums/topic/dynamix-5-1-1-beta/

If that still doesn’t resolve things, please post your WP login details and I’ll see what is happening with those column classes.

I’m assuming no core Theme files have been changed?

Kevin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can’t seem to access the WP admin URL, it says the page cannot be found. Can you enable it for me please.

There were a number of styling changes from DynamiX v4 to v5, so there will be a difference. I’d need specifics of what you would like returned to the original. Obviously the column issue is a separate issue and I’ll address that as soon as I can login.

Kevin
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

No problem, I can access that now.

1a. Yes, the accordion boxes have changed. This was to keep inline with the more modern trend of flat design – the original gradient option is some years old now and can make the site look a little dated.
    1b. The expand section isn’t related to the theme, is that an addon?
    1c. This may just need re-selecting via Row > Background Extras.
    1d. Again, this may just need re-selecting ( ensure the shaded wide row is disabled under Background Extras too ), there was a migration period of older scripts to new ones and this is probably the cause of little issues seen here.

2. Again, to keep up to date with devices etc, the width was increased by default. However, you can set this back to 980 via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Site Width.

3. Yes, the old styling was removed. It was dated and removed to create a cleaner look. You can add Borders in by adding this CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

.sidebar.columns.right {
    border-left: 1px solid #e9e9e9;
    }

.sidebar.columns.left {
    border-right: 1px solid #e9e9e9;
    }

I’ll take a look at the column issue now.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The columns issue just needed the columns setting to 4 in the Visual Composer. Because Visual Composer has evolved so much since DynamiX v4.x, there will be a few tweaks to be made here too. Fortunately, there will not be any furhter big changes to be made anytime soon.

Kevin
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

1. The only difference I see between the menus is the extra menu options and the divider lines. You can enable the divider lines via the Customizer > Header > Divider Line Shade.

2. It looks like you’ve added the old css for this now?

3. Yes, those classes won’t work now, but you can goto the Row and edit it with a new background color. Background colors weren’t available in DynamiX 4.x

4. Do you have an example of which row?

Kevin
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I can’t access the staging site at the moment, it appears to be down?

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Andy

it seems to work for me. are you getting a 502 error? if so try using an incognito window, that usually works for me.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

That did it, the site works in incognito. However, I do see the divider lines in the menu, did you get this working?

Kevin
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

1. You just need to reduce the margin top value of the Menu – you can do that via Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Main Menu > Margin Top.

2. They’re showing for me, see below:

3.They look different but there is definitely a background color there.

4. I’ve modified the CSS for the divider lines – I hope that’s okay now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.