Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Theme update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
  • alen wang
    Participant

I bought Dynamix last year,and want to update to latest version.
    http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/
    I checked the updated process and has got Marketplace username and secret API key.
    Then how to do?
    I have to download the lastest version ,then overwriting the existing files?
    But when i went to the “download” tab,there is nothing i can do.
    Please help.

Mike Rennie
    Participant

Hi Alen,

The username and secret API key are found in your Themeforest account. You would have been issued them when you signed up to purchase the theme. Check in your account under the ‘Downloads’ tab, then click the brown ‘Doanload’ button, then ‘License Certificate.’

To actually update you can either install the Envato Toolkit updater plugin and enter your details, or sign in to your Themeforest account and download the files from there under ‘Downloads’ (after which you must upload via FTP).

Regards, Mike

alen wang
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.
    Actually it seems that i have done what you said.
    Logged in the http://themeforest.net and checked the “My settings” tab,there is API keys,then got “Generate another API Key” and dowloaded the plugin of https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit/archive/master.zip
    Then input the details of Marketplace Username and Secret API Key,and “save settings” but NOTHING Happened.
    What i used was DynamiX Child Theme,where was wrong?

Regards

Mike Rennie
    Participant

Hi Alen,

Sorry, if you have managed to get an API and have tried using it in the Envate Toolkit updater and it didn’t work then I don’t know how to help you; you will need wait for a response from the DynamiX Support staff.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

– Mike

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alen,

I have just been through the exact same process as you and everything worked fine.

It might be worth creating a new API key then trying it again. I think the ‘Marketplace Username’ is also case sensitive so it would be worth double checking this. Can you also reset your browser cache to see if this is the problem.

Please let me know your results.

Kind regards,
    Tom

alen wang
    Participant

@tom
    I revoked the API key and generated a new API key,but still failed.
    I logged in the http://themeforest.net and I think Envato Account username is the Marketplace Username.
    After i input the Username and Secret API Key,just one notification:User Settings Updated.
    What is it supposed to be after i “save settings” of the Envato WordPress Toolkit?What i used is DynamiX Child Theme.And i also realized that the font of my site has changed.
    Please help.
    Regards

alen wang
    Participant

I feel there was something wrong with the process or i missed some process.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alen,

It seems like you are doing everything correctly. I can log in and take a look if you wish.

If so, please provide me with your WP login detials, API key and Envato username. I will then be able to tell you if it is working correctly or not.

Please make sure you set your reply as private!

Kind regards,
    Tom

alen wang
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

alen wang
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alen,

Yes, only admin can see your posts if you set to “Set as private reply”.

alen wang
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

alen wang
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Alen,

Great, glad you sorted it out.

Try swapping the theme to the main theme instead of the child, then try to install Revolution slider again. That may do the trick.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.