Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Timthumb Disable Files

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Andy

Hi Guys,

Sorry haven't been too active on here (thanks to Dan and everyone else who is helping out). Rest assured I am working hard improving DynamiX even more and adding some cool extra features. 

For those who have been waiting for an option to disable the timbthumb script it's now here. Below is a link to the changed files to allow this to happen. They are still in their DynamiX structure so you should be able to unzip it and upload over your core DynamiX files (not the child theme). This is just the changed files and not the entire theme. 

Within DynamiX -> General Settings you'll find an option to disable the script. I've also added the option to allow zoom & crop together, which is under Posts and Gallery Slide Set settings. 

I've not released this as yet because I want to test it with you guys and I'm still working on DynamiX 2.8.2. 

And for those who are still interested in timthumb they have version 1.28 out now. http://timthumb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/timthumb.php

Password: *@DYN_timt^&

Flickapix Dezign

cheers andy,

will have a butchers,

have you tried the latest timy thumby ?

Tony Rockliff

Thanks, Andy 🙂

Guy Yang

Hi Andy.

Thanks for adding this option. Can you quickly remind us what timthumb is for? When I run a speed optimization test on WebPageTest, I see that it appears in many request so it increases page load time.

But I'm affraid to remove it and see the design completely disorganized.

Please let us know what it controls in Dx and when it can be removed.

Ulf Kohlmorgen

For me, disabling of the timthumb script caused no issues so far.

Flickapix Dezign

guy yang,

it basicly resizes images on demand,so if you have a slider thats h 340px  by w 940px but the image specified is larger or smaller it will resize the image accordingly.best practice is to size all images to the size required for its purpose.

Guy Yang

Thanks FLiCKaPiX.

I have a lot of images and I use post galleries with thumbnails of these images. Is timthumb necessary to have nicelt resized thumbnails then?

Flickapix Dezign

yes and no,tim thumb likes to cut off the occasional head but they do look better using it.ive just disabled mine and seo score went from 74% to 94%.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.