Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Tom – dumb question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • testarosax2
    Participant

How do I copy/paste some code to replicate parts of a page to other pages like with html?

testarosax2
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you built the page with VC, you can save the page as a template, go to another page and select the template. This will effectively give you the entire page that you can then just edit and remove the ones you need to. By far the easiest way of doing it.

For more information on saving a template, see their documentation here.

testarosax2
    Participant

I built all the states on templates – that’s not what I’m asking – the pages are already created and then customized. I need to add about 1/2 a page across the board to those already created pages, I can’t overwrite with a template or it will blow out what’s already on all these pages. I need to copy/paste the code to the other pages to ADD to what’s on them.

Does that make sense?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Try the following. Edit a page > Click the Classic Editor button (blue, above the content) > Switch to the text tab > copy the code.
    Switch back to the Visual tab > then click the Visual Editor button (blue above the content).

Do the same when creating a new page but paste the code in, or the bits of code you want.

From there, you should have all of the content that you can now edit using Visual Composer.

Hope this helps

testarosax2
    Participant

I think that should do it!

I’ll try.

thanks as always for your help!

testarosax2
    Participant

That’s EXACTLY what I needed, thanks Tom – you saved me a ton of time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.