Home / Forums / ePix Support / Translating my website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Arda Sozen
    Participant

Hello,

I tried installing plugins, but none worked…

I want to translate the website manually.

How can I do that? Like is there a plugin or anything of that sort that would show me the English definitions of everything and I write their translated ones?

I don’t know coding… If it’s relevant.

Thank you.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Arda,

You can translate your site using a free plugin called Codestyling Localization but it will not switch languages. That is why we recommend using WPML as it is a good all rounder.

You can also try qTranslate, but it does not include all of the features WPML does.

For more information on translating, please see the documentation here.

epix
    Participant

Hey.
    The translation into sk_SK.po I used sk_SK.po and sk_SK.mo files that came with the theme. Translated only some of the admin menu. Then I used Codestyling and I have generated new files for translation and sk_SK.po sk_SK.mo. Codestyling program announced overlay memory variables.
    What can I do about? The client wants to purchase VPML translation.
    John

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi John,

By the sounds of things your install is running out of memory. You can do a couple of things to increase the standard memory.

Please follow the WordPress memory guide here.

If that doesn’t work, try upping you suhosin value value on your server. You will need to ask them to increase to the following suhosin value:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

Most servers have a higher value by default, the odd one or two are too low.

Or you could purchase WPML, which is a bit easier to use.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.