Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Translation does not work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts

  • Marcus Morais
    Participant

    Hello!

    I’m having a lot of headaches, crazy for just use this amazing and wonderful theme, but it happens that I do not go because I can not translate the theme via “CodeStyling Localization”.

    I’ve translated via Poedit and the file is perfect, 100% translated (based on the original file that came in the folder “\-DynamiX WordPress \ DynamiX \ languages”). When I open the plugin “Code Styling Localization”, it recognizes the translation, but many translations appear as unfulfilled, but the translations I made via Poedit are there translated, but are not reflected in the WordPress admin screen.

    Please, first among many themes that I’ve used, I need help for a simple thing that is the translation of the theme. There could be as simple as editing the .po file in languages folder and update the server? Why depend on a third party plugin?

    Could anyone help me with this problem please?

    Thank you,
    Marcus


    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Hi Marcus,

    What exactly are you having issues with using the Code Styling Localization plugin? The most success users have had with translating is the WPML plugin which we also recommend.

    It is a lot easier to edit using a plugin. The .po file is in the language folder which is bundled with the theme. I have not come across a way of translating the WP admin, I know that you can install a different language of WP to achieve this though.

    Hope this helps.

    Kind regards,
    Tom


    Marcus Morais
    Participant

    I translate via Code Styling Localization plugin, but this is not reflected on the website.

    I am very eager to use this awesome theme, but there are days I try everything and can not do the translation work. Even reinstalled WordPress, and reinstalled the theme, but it did not work.

    Since there is already the language Portuguese (Brazil) in the theme folder, I click “Rescan”, then edit what I want, doing translations. Finally, click “Generate .mo file”. I can see the translations in their own plugin, however, on the site, that is not reflected.

    Below is a picture illustrating the translation of the word “Search”, which in Portuguese of Brazil is “Search”. Ali is ok, but the site does not work, keeps showing “search”:

    Best regards,
    Marcus


    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Hi Marcus,

    Try clicking the Edit button without going into the .mo file first. Also make sure you are translating the theme as some people trip up on this. Please can you provide your login details so I can take a further look into this?

    Kind regards,
    Tom


    Marcus Morais
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Please can you try switching themes to twenty thirteen then try to translate that theme to see if there is an issue with Terso or not. We cannot figure out why it would be doing this at the moment. There is also another user with the same issue with a Portuguese WP, we just need to rule this out first.

    Kind regards,
    Tom


    Marcus Morais
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Hi Marcus,

    Andy has spent all afternoon sorting this and after a bit of testing the following fix should work.

    Log into your site via FTP and make a copy of DynamiX/languages/themeva_default.po
    Rename the copy to pt_BR.po
    Rescan the file and the translation should take affect.

    Hope this helps.

    Kind regards,
    Tom


    Marcus Morais
    Participant

    Wow! All of you are amazing!!

    It worked perfectly!

    Now just enjoy this fantastic theme.

    What I did:

    1) I accessed, via FTP, the folder “DynamiX/languages/”
    2) I made a copy of themeva_default.po file to a folder on my computer
    3) I renamed the file to pt_BR.po
    4) Go up the file via FTP to the same folder (DynamiX/languages/)
    5) In the panel of Code Styling Localization plugin, I “Rescan” the language Portuguese/Brazil
    6) I clicked “Edit” button
    7) I made a change to test and saved it
    8) I clicked on the button “Generate .mo file”
    9) I updated the page and … only joy! Translation worked perfectly!

    Thank you very much!

    Best regards,
    Marcus


    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Nice one Marcus,

    Glad we solved this.

    Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.