Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Translations strings needed in constants.php

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Bert.
    Participant

Perhaps we could all list here what we would like to see in contants.php, and what is not fully working when it comes to translation (ex. accented characters) ?

In article :
    – edit (modify the article, in other themes it appears properly translated as in Twenty Ten – Modifier)
    – th behind a date as in 11th (The “th” and other english date strings should either respect the date system in wp general settings or we should be able to translate them. It works properly in Twenty Ten)
    – Post tagged “xxx” (left in english in breadcrumbs)
    – Post tagged “xxx” in title (the “tagged” translation in contants does not respect accented characters, they are simply omitted from the word when displayed in a title. ex “séléctionnés” becomes “slectionns”

In “ajax contact form” :
    – define( GEN_TERM_E, “Required fields not completed”); // Contact Form Error (any accents in the translated strings gives question mark characters instead when displayed)
    – received letter from the form is again having many issues with accented characters. For exemple if there is an accent in the site title, the email sender name is not displayed properly ex “avocat à marseille becomes “avocat à marseille “. If there are accented character in name or comments, they are replaced by either à or ù
    – in the email sent, “Contact form submission”, “name”, “email”, “comments” are in English, translation strings needed.

In page :
    – social options. Translation strings of english words (texts appearing when hover) like “submitting to” are missing

Bert.
    Participant

No answer, should I ask in themeforest ?

Anonymous

Hi,

My apologies for not answering sooner. I need to review the constants file – please state all missing phrases and I’ll add them to the next update.

I’ll change the date system to listen to WP settings – although I did think this was the case already.

Bert.
    Participant

Thanks. Hope the next update will be soon. I will wait as I cannot use the article system as it is now (non french date system & missing characters in article titles because they have an accent are real issues for me)

Anonymous

Hi,

Are you using special character HTML codes within the constants.php file?

http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Bert.
    Participant

Nope but I am gonna try that. Thanks for the tip.

vojin p.
    Participant

what is the status of this modification?

how do we amend the constants for multi-lingual sites?

main issue is "back to top" for [hozbreaktop] which is always in EN

thanks andy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I implemented these changes back in 2.8. It definitely includes back to the top. 

Hope that helps

vojin p.
    Participant

"back to top" in another language?

i must have missed that.

where and how to apend translation and how to implement it in the theme (php, css)?

thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It's all within the DynamiX/lib/inc/constants.php file. Is that what you meant?

vojin p.
    Participant

ok we are running in circles mate.

i need to display "back to top" using horztop shortcode in another language for pages which are in language(s) other than EN (using qTranslate plugin).

where do i need to enter the translated text for this "back to top" string and how to implement it?

for the sake of argument lets say the translated string is "blablabla"

do i need to change constants.php, if so how?

i dont see the obvious way to do that.

hope the question is clear now.

thanks for your help 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Right okay I think were on the same page now. 

I think I need to revisit the translation process – I'll look in a better method as currently there isn't an easy way of doing it. We could call another constants.php file whenever the other language is selected, I'm guessing qtranslate uses a cookie when a different language is selected? 

vojin p.
    Participant

i have no clue how qT does it.

perhaps an easier way might be an icon/arrow or similar?

use graphical representation instead of text?

vojin p.
    Participant

bump

i can see this being done via 3 ways:

1.) with an image/icon. just a simple up arrow which lines up with the horizontal line…

i can live with that…

2.) alternately i also played with bilingual option and hardcoding it in constants.php

i entered txt in cyrillic via html code so there is a bilingual display.

only i now need to shorten the horiozntal line by about 15 characters.

how would i do that? which part of your code controls this length?

3.) which code do you use to call this link to action?

i can code it as a snippet (below) as a button and use it in other language so you need not put any extra work in…

<a href="#page_top">Back To Top</a>

i think an image / icon would do better since it is universal, but to each his own

thanks for your help

Bert.
    Participant

"- received letter from the form is again having many issues with accented characters. For exemple if there is an accent in the site title, the email sender name is not displayed prop"

Finally fixed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.