Home / Forums / ePix Support / Transparent Header

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • esparrow
    Participant

On my page, http://www.lichtbildrausch.de, I want the header to be visible by default (not collapsed) and transparent (or semi-transparent) behind the page unless I uncheck this in the respective page config, section and I want it to be sticky when I scroll up after having scrolled down.

No matter what I try, I do not get the header transparent and floating over the page (as it iappears on epix default page, for instance); it is always a section by its own with the page starting right under it.

What do I have to change here?

Hi @esparrow

Your header is actually now transparent and that is the reason why it is not visible because the background where it appears is white.

Can you please send over login credentials for your site so we can check how you have set this up?

esparrow
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

HI @esparrow

Please set the user you created with admin access as currently I think it is only set as Subscriber.

Thanks!

esparrow
    Participant

Of course. You have admin rights now. Thank you for your assistance. MG

esparrow
    Participant

There is definitevely someting technically wrong here. When I choose in PageConfig/Floating header the option “Float” or “Float+transparent”, the header does not float, but instead remains being a separate white section above the page content with the (wihte) menu text now being illegible.

Now I changed back to “None”, and what happens is that the header gets an additional white area below the actual header. Changing back brings a different result? This must be a bug!

On mobile devices, when I chose “float”, I get a white area without the header and the float circle symbol up right. If I click on it, the header moves in over the white area.

This is very frustrating and absolutely not acceptable. I would very much appreciate if you could help me here fast, since my customers will deem me totally unprofessional with such a homepage.

Thank you very much.

esparrow
    Participant

Thank you very much for editing the page! It seems to work on desktops now. This is just great!

May I ask: What was the problem? How did you solve it? Was it a bug or did I chose something wrong?

Unfortunately, there is one issue remaining: On mobile devices I would like to collapse the header on the home page as it infringes with the content. I chose “mobile” under “Collapse header” – but the header does not collapse on mobile devices after that. Just to try it, I chose “Desktop&mobile” – and it did not collapse on the desktop,

Would you be so kind as to fix this issue as well? Thank you so much!

Finally: Is there a way to make the menu background darker on mobile devices than on PCs? The reason I am asking is that I would love to make it much darker on mobile devices to keep the menu legible.

Thank you very much!

Hi @esparrow

The page should now look the way you want it. Please check if everything looks good.

Thanks!

esparrow
    Participant

Thank you very much again for your assistance. There is one more thing I just saw: On mobile devices, the logo gets distorted badly. I already tried out to downsize it severely, but even this did not help. I would very much appreciate if you could give the whole thing one further look.

Thank you very much again!!

Hi @esparrow

It looks like you saw the changes I did before I posted my last reply and I did not refresh the ticket before replying, so my apologies if it looked like I did not address your last concerns.

It took some time for me checking and testing a number of stuffs so I ended up using CSS to force the top margin on the slider to fix the issue.

Can you please send me screenshots and more details on the remaining issue? I checked the menu on the site and it does collapse on mobile, though a background color must be set for it so there is a distinction with it to the site’s content.

The same goes for the ‘distortion’ on the logo as I personally checked the site and I do not see any issues with the logo.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.