Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Tried to migrate CSS changes to Child theme, now menu is empty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Scott C
    Participant

http://ohc.scottyshideout.com/

I'm not sure what I've missed. To my knowledge, the only thing that was changed when our designer was updating our header logo was this bit of CSS, which i grabbed out of the old style.css file and put into the one found in the child theme:

#header-logo {

width:300px;

margin-top:44px;

position:absolute;

height:100px;

overflow:hidden;

}

Does anyone know why updating my theme made the whole menu change like this?

Thanks

Rich
    Participant

It seems like it's adding all your pages, but with empty a tags. Not something with your css update, as far as I can see.

I would start with resetting some settings in Dynamix admin. Go to General Settings and make sure both WP Custom Menu settings are enabled.

Then go to Appearance > Menus and make sure your menu is setup as you desire. Then make sure it is selected as the Main Menu. Save. Let me know.

Scott C
    Participant

Rich, you are a genius! I went into the settings as you told me to, turned on one of the two "WP Custom Menu" settings, then headed over to the menus area under "appearance" where i saw that the "Theme Locations" box was empty and under it says "Your theme supports 1 menu. Select which menu you would like to use."

I selected the name of my menu tree i had set up, hit apply, and voila! Fixed menus.

Thank you very much sir!

Rich
    Participant

Glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.