Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Trouble Editing Front page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
  • Angela Bruce
    Participant

Hello,

We recently purchased your theme after seeing the demo. We have installed the theme and it will not let us customize the home page as well, as not letting us update the pages with any information.

What every we write or delete still stays there after we update.

Please help we would like our website up ASAP.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are currently in talks with the Visual Composer developer as we are having other issues with the plugin, are you using a Mac computer by any chance?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Angela Bruce
    Participant

Hello,

Yes we are on an Imac running IOS 10.7.3.

What should we do is there a way around this? The homepage is the last page we need to work on until we go live because we replaced are old theme with the dynamix theme and we don’t want to be down for to long.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Angela,

Sorry are you referring to the Visual Composer (page builder) or the Skin customizer?

Could I get the login details to your site so I can take a look for you? Please set your reply as private so only we can see your reply.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Angela Bruce
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You have the skin ‘StormGrey’ set as the outer skin within the ‘Home’ page settings. Which skin are you trying to edit for the homepage?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Angela Bruce
    Participant

I am trying to edit GreyDark.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Which skin do you want to apply to your homepage?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Angela Bruce
    Participant

We would like the GreyDark skin that we customized that’s on the corporate and wedding pages.

Also we just have a few more questions that are probably an easy fix. How would we delete the navigation under the header. for example when you visit the the corporate page, right under the header is “Home/Corporate” we would like to delete this.

Also on our wedding page the spacing of the 3 columns for pricing will not center and its far to the left.

Could you please help us with those issues as well.

Thanks for your time,

Angela

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Angela,

You have the skin StormGrey set to the homepage and this will overwrite any global skins set. If you want to set the home page skin the same as every other page, you will need to set the homepage skin to default.

To get rid of the ‘Home / Corporate’ breadcrumbs you wil need to either disable them within each page or go to Appearance > Theme Options > General > Breadcrumbs, OFF.

For some reason I cannot edit your pages so I cannot tell which settings you have selected for the columns.

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Angela Bruce
    Participant

Okay thank you that worked. Now the only issue is that the homepage is different in one way. The body skin is Dark even though I have set it to Light. What do you think I should do about this? Thank you for your help

Angela Bruce
    Participant

Actually for some reason it didn’t end up working. I clicked save and for some reason it didn’t save anything I changed to the customizer onto the Home page.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Angela,

I am getting a bit confused with the issues you are having now, please could you reiterate so I know exactly what is going on now.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Angela Bruce
    Participant

Tom,

When I am customizing my homepage the issue is that the body skin won’t change from ‘dark’ to ‘light’. ALSO in live mode nothing has changed appearance wise on the homepage whenever I change things. This is becoming a huge issue, it has taken much longer for us to update our site than originally planned. In the video for this theme we were told how fast and easy the website was to customize and we have had nothing but issues. We appreciated the help, just very frustrated.

Angela Bruce
    Participant

Hey Tom,

We figured out the home page customization, and we really appreciate your help. We do have one other issue at the moment. In the demo version of the website the enquiry form drops down and its has 2 columns. We would like to imitate this look. Your contact form is also customized but we can not find those options in the widget. Also How do we link it so that when you press the contact us on the navigation, it open the enquiry form.

Thanks for all your help, we really appreciate it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.