Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Trouble with filters in portfolio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • eva
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having trouble getting some filters included and excluded in my portfolio. When I try to narrow the data source — it won’t save my work and there are extra data sources that still remain.

When I go to ‘filter’ and type in categories to exclude from the filter list — it literally will not let me add or remove them. It appears to, but then it won’t save when I click on save and close the pop-up. Here are screenshots of what I am having a problem with. Happy to give you the credentials so you can check it out.

http://streetside.electricembers.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-12-at-4.23.15-PM.png

http://streetside.electricembers.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-12-at-4.23.15-PM.png

Hi @streetsidestories

Can you send over your login credentials so we can test this from our end?

We have a bug on the forum that is causing us not to see your past tickets where you may have left your login credentials.

Regards,

eva
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @streetsidestories

We tried to add categories to the exclusion list, saved it, opened it again and tried to remove the categories and it seems to be working fine from our end. Have you tried to use another browser just to check if this is a browser issue from your end?

What additional categories do you want to exclude. Please specify so we can add it for you.

Thanks!

eva
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

eva
    Participant

This is the page:

http://streetside.electricembers.net/studentgallery15-16/

Hi @streetsidestories

We have just tried removing/adding categories and the issue still persists.

As for this, can you please give us permission to disable the plugins to check on this further?

Regards,

eva
    Participant

Yes. As long as you re-activate them, you can disable them to figure out the issue.

-eva

Hi @streetsidestories

I have tried to disable all the plugins except Visual Composer and the issue still persists. I also tried deleting and installing a new Visual Composer and still not allowing me to add/delete categories.

I have tested this on our test site and it works perfectly.

Can you please re upload fresh copies of WordPress files because this is not the usual behaviour of our themes, so there could be a problem with your installation.

Regards,

eva
    Participant

Hey There —

I re-installed WordPress, so please try to figure out the filter situation.

-eva

Hi @streetsidestories

I just tested this again and issue still persist.

What version of PHP are you currently using?

Regards,

eva
    Participant

And where do I check this?

eva
    Participant

I was able to fix this by doing this in ‘classic mode.’ Can you shed any light on why this has been happening? And also — curious why that is something that you guys didn’t try.

-eva

Hi @streetsidestories

Our apologies for that as we were too focused on figuring out what’s wrong with the filter that we forgot considering switching to Classic Mode.

As to what caused it, we were still trying to isolate the issue so we really can’t tell as we have not seen this on multiple sites from other customers and on our test sites too.

Glad to know you were able to figure that out.

Regards,

eva
    Participant

I would appreciate if you could figure out why this is happening, as I can imagine it might happen again. You mentioned what kind of php I was using — how do I find that out?

-eva

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.