Home / Forums / ePix Support / Trying to edit my slide set manager suddenly redirecting me to "edit Post" page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Jack Dugan
    Participant

I have a photography website and out of nowhere I am unable to access or edit the slide set which is featured as a homepage slideshow of my work. Instead of taking me to the slide set editor of my home page slide set, it is all of the sudden redirecting me to an “edit post” page, so I’m therefore unable to access or change what’s on my homepage which is the most important page on my site. I’ve tried deleting all plugins and updating the required ones. This is really hurting my business. Please advise.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

I have not come across this one before. That sounds very strange. Are you using the latest version of ePix and WordPress?

If so, I recommend resetting your browser cache after updating as sometimes it can still show the older version.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Tom

Jack Dugan
    Participant

I am using the epix theme…how do I update to the latest version of Dynamix? I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the WP menu

Jack Dugan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

Sorry, I was getting my wires crossed, I meant ePix!

You need to update to the latest version of ePix and your problems will be solved.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jack Dugan
    Participant

Tom,

Unfortunately I followed your directions exactly and still have the same problem where I cannot access my slide sets. The epix theme update seemed to work, but the VC update does not seem to be working. I tried to update the VC via ZIP and it failed repeatedly.

Regards,
    Jack

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

It seems that you are not on the latest version of the theme. Please follow what has been mentioned above and everything will work correctly.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

There is no need to upload the zip file.

If you are still having issues, please set up the Envato updater plugin as you have done within the admin and I will do this for you. You need to add in the correct username and API key, then the themes you have bought will appear below the details.

Tom

Jack Dugan
    Participant

Hi Tom,

So I entered a correct username and API key within the Envato updater plugin but the theme isn’t appearing below.

Jack Dugan
    Participant

Tom,

Can you please advise as to how to solve the issue, as I followed your directions? Do I need to be going for support elsewhere? Not trying to be pushy, but this is very time sensitive.

Regards,
    Jack

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

If you have entered the correct username and API key, your downloaded themes should appear below the input boxes.

Did you get the API key from going to themeforest.net > Profile > Settings > API Key > Generate new > Copy the long string > Paste into the Envato API key field within your admin?

If it is not, I am really not sure why this is not appearing. You will need to update the theme via FTP instead.

For more information on updating via FTP, please see the documentation here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jack Dugan
    Participant

Tom,

I went through the process of using the envato plugin to upgrade again. I did retreive an API key but when I pasted it into the plugin nothing happened, no list of themes to update appeared. I also tried following the instructions for upgrading via FTP, but to someone who isn’t really a professional developer such as myself, the instructions were vague and I have not been able to figure it out. I gave you my login information, is there anyway this could be done for me? Or at least perhaps can you provide me with more detailed instructions than those contained within the link you sent me?

Thanks for your help

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

I just logged in again and it said that the API/Username was invalid. This has to be the reason.

To test this further, I then entered my own username and API key and it loaded all the themes up right away.

A lesson on FTP is far too complex to type out unfortunately. I recommend contacting your hosting company if you are unsure of this.

Worst case scenario is to provide me with your ThemeForest login so I can create an API key from scratch.

It is up to you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jack Dugan
    Participant

Jack Dugan
    Participant

Jack Dugan
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.