Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Twitter cycle on bottom of home page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to have the Twitter cycle show at the bottom of the home page ? (http://www.fotenzo.com)
    I know you can use the Social Media tab from within the Dynamix settings, but no matter what I try, the cycle keeps showing up on top of the page.

Thanks for delivering such a top theme! I like the opacity settings for the home page especially 🙂

Kind regards,

Edwin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words.

If you edit your home page > scroll down to page config > social media tab > twitter cycle, bottom. This should push the Twitter feed to the bottom of your page.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for picking this up so quickly 🙂

What you are suggesting, were my default settings.

But somehow, the Twitter cycle keeps showing up on top of the home page.

So I think there’s something different that’s interfering with the Twitter cycle settings.

What I did so far is:

Disabling other plugins that make use of Twitter, like NextScripts Autoposter which I have installed and disabling Jetpack.
    I even tried turning off Rebelmouse, although that shouldn’t be a problem either.

So I’m a bit at a loss at the moment 😉

Funny thing is that when I select ‘Twitter cycle’ [bottom] site wide under general settings, the twitter cycle does go to the bottom on the blog page (not the home page) and I can select the Twitter cycle on the blog page, to show up on top of that page. Thus making an exception for it.
    But when I select the Twitter cycle site wide to go to the top, I can not select the Twitter cycle on the blog page and tell it to make an exception here and show at the top of the page. Well, I can select it of course, but nothing happens.
    (does this still make sense ?)

The only thing I’m trying to accomplish is to have the Twitter cycle to show up at the bottom of the home page and on all other pages on top.

Kind regards,

Edwin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Edwin,

Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Edwin,

The twitter feed is at the bottom of the page but as you have no content on the page it appears to be at the top. If you add content to the page it will appear at the bottom. What you could do to get around this is add in blank dividers like I have done on your home page now to space it down.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for helping me out here 🙂 I now understand the ‘why’ to the Twitter cycle being at the top of the page. And yes, I’m using only a background image and no content. Pretty silly I dind’t notice it earlier 😉

Cheers Tom!

Edwin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

No worries, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Tom, had already rated Dynamix in the past (gave it 5 stars actually!), but have done so again. Personally, I think you show great knowledge of WordPress and know your theme (Dynamix) really well. Considering the fact that there are so many people out there with questions like I have, your response time is pretty darn awesome 😉

Edwin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Edwin,

Thank you very much for the kind words 🙂 You have made my day.

Have an awesome day!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.