Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Twitter Display – intermittent problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Every now and then I get an error where the Twitter Feed won’t display and post grids fail to load. After pulling my hair out I discovered that, if I turn off the Twitter Display in the Social media tab of the Appearance options, the post grid displays as normal (but not the Twitter, obviously).
    The problem seems to appear at random. I had made no significant edits to the site and it was fine when I left it to eat. On my return, the problem showed up.
    is this a known issue? Is there an edit to a file that would solve the problem?
    Many thanks.
    Wordpress 4.3.1
    Dynamix 5.0.4
    Rev Slider 5.0.9

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth,

Have you entered all your own Twitter API keys via Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media?

Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Yes – and the Twitter feed shows fine for a while then out of the blue it causes the problem I describe above and I have to turn it off… The problem is not with my set up of Twitter but its impact on the rest of the site.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth,

The reason I asked that is because some users do not put the Twitter API information in and then it reaches it’s limit and causes an error.

What’s your WP login details and what page(s) does the issue occur on, I’ll see if I can spot anything else.

Gareth Chapman
    Participant

Wouldn’t you know it!! Back working again – typical intermittent problem. Login details later…

Gareth Chapman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s working for me too. Unfortunately without being able to see it when it’s broken, I can’t think of anything that would be causing it. The only thing I can think of is that the twitter API becomes temporarily unavailable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.