Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Ugly button

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if it is designedly but take a look to this button:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/GSS1nZaaD

Why not a nicer button like the small green button with white text you’ll find near the group avatar?

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

This is not how the button is meant to be styled. There is a plugin that is conflicting with the styling of this.

I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Tom

Bram Kastelijns
    Participant

I have got exactly the same problem. I did deactivate all the plugins except BuddyPress but it doesn’t work out.

Kind Regards,

Bram

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Bram,

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Please let me know exactly which page this is happening on too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bram Kastelijns
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Sorry about that, the styling looks like it is being overwritten somewhere. Andy is currently away for a few days but when he is back we will look into this properly.

For now, I have written up the following CSS to make the button look a bit nicer.

Please add the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

a.button.group-create.bp-title-button {
    background-color: #425255;
    font-size: 14px;
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 10px 20px;
    color: #fff;
    text-decoration: none;
    -moz-border-radius: 4px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 4px;
    border-radius: 4px;
    text-shadow: 0 -1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
    box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
    border: 1px solid #425255;
    cursor: pointer;
    zoom: 1;
    margin: 0;
    background: #425255 url(images/button-a.png);
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    }

You will need to translate BuddyPress and also BBpress, if installed to alter the language of those tabs. Try manually searching for them also to see if they are not being picked up for any reason. Also, reset all of your cache plugins after as you have more than one plugin that could be causing you issues.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

I have spoken to Andy about this and it was previously fixed until Buddypress have recently updated the button to have a H1 tag within it which is totally ridiculous for a button!

Edit this file via FTP: dynamix/stylesheets/style-buddypress.css

change this line:

h2 .button.bp-title-button {color:#fff;font-size:12px;margin:-4px 0 15px 15px;}

to

h1 .button.bp-title-button {color:#fff;font-size:12px;margin:-4px 0 15px 15px;}

Then remove the CSS I provided above.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    ok now the groups button looks fine, thank for this, see http://www.screencast.com/t/H8RfeurAiZ

I deactivated all plugins without success to solve the issue you mentioned at the beginning. Now it works as it should. But as you can see on my screenshot, the text resizer button does not appear though I activated on groups page. I don’t know why this happen because on standard pages text resizer work. I suppose it has to do with BuddyPress right?

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

Do you change the style in your further theme updates too (dynamix/stylesheets/style-buddypress.css)? I’m asking, because if you don’t, it’s better to update this in child theme, right?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

As Buddypress pages are created dynamically via their plugin, the theme options cannot overrule their options so they cannot show on Buddypress pages unfortunately.

You can also edit this in your child theme, but it will be included in the next update of DynamiX so it does not matter if the code is overwritten.

Thanks,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

thank you for this information. I will wait for the next update.

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.