Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Unable to add content to Stlye Boxes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • Successacademy
    Participant

Please help, I’ve tried everything ( I think!), I can no longer add content into my styled boxes without going back to classic editor?

The only thing I can thing is causing it, is something to do with a layout error in the editor. Every time I hover over the pencil (1st icon in set of three, top right next to the ‘clone’ button. It actually clicks the information icon behind.

Any help greatly appreciated

http://www.customeradvocacy.co.uk

Cheers,

Martin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

This definitely sounds like a plugin conflict. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Successacademy
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the rapid response. I’ve deactivated all the plugins. I’ve also installed the theme and plugin fresh on a test website. The test website as no additional plugins at all. I still get the same, no add content box and not able to click the button that allows me to add content. Tried chrome and firefox.

Sorry to be a pain, I surely must be missing something

Successacademy
    Participant

Additional things I’ve tried –

Installed via FTP of new Dynamix Theme
    Installed demo content

Both have failed to work

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you?

Successacademy
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have had a look at your site and your Visual Composer looks like it is caching or your server is caching. It is still displaying the old version while displaying half of the new one. Do you have any cache settings set up on your server, server side?

Successacademy
    Participant

None that I know of.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Is this a fresh install of WordPress or have you updated from previous themes?

Please ask your hosting company if there is any sort of caching on your server as it still looks like a caching issue.

I recommend doing a fresh install of WordPress as something does not seem right with your install at all. It works fine on our test sites with fresh installs.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Successacademy
    Participant

Hi Tom,

This has been a fresh install yes.

There is no caching on the host side. I have checked with a different host and can confirm it’s working correctly.

I’m currently having a massive conversation with the host about fixing this.

Successacademy
    Participant

Hi,

My host doesn’t seem to be able to see anything wrong – The only thing we came across is a design element part –

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
    Consider using ‘dppx’ units instead of ‘dpi’, as in CSS ‘dpi’ means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual ‘dpi’ of a screen. In media query expression: (min-resolution: 130dpi)

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (bootstrap.modals.css, line 64)
    [Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (bootstrap.modals.css, line 123)

Does this mean anything to you?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is physically trying to use a different version that doesn’t exist. There must be something up with your server, as you said it works fine on a different server and not on the current one.

Successacademy
    Participant

Just download on to a local server WAMP, so exact same install and database, guess what? It worked.

Referred this back to the host provider. Would you like to be updated on the result? If not please feel free to close this topic.

Cheers for all your rapid response and support.

Martin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

It would be interesting to hear what the problems was, Andy (theme creator) and I are both baffled as to what this problem could be.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Successacademy
    Participant

So i can stop the excuses from the host provider is there a way to easily fix the invalid css mentioned earlier.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.