Home / Forums / ePix Support / unable to install required plugins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • sreckeweg
    Participant

Hi there!

I installed the epix theme, but I cannot install the required plugins Visual Composer and Advanced Excerpt. I get the following error:
    “Fatal error: Class ‘TGM_Bulk_Installer’ not found in /home/susann-webline.de/vhosts/tmp/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/adm/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1580”.

Can you please help me?
    Thanks!
    Susann

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Susann,

Are you using a Child Theme, if so, please switch back to the main Theme, install the plugins and switch back. Sometimes, the script can play up too and a simple solution is to click on the “Plugins” link and try installing again.

Lilly
    Participant

Hello,

We at Blognostics.net have tried to upgrade from Dynamix 3.1.1 (main theme) to the latest version via the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin. The theme seems to install correctly, but the required Visual Composer plugin will not install, failing with the error “Fatal error: Class ‘TGM_Bulk_Installer’ not found in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1580”. The theme is unusable without it. Please advise.

Thank you

Lilly Rothbart

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That error is temporary, you should be able to click “plugins” again and then if the plugin hasn’t installed, try again.

Lilly
    Participant

Andy,

Plugins are now installed, but Visual Composer is now asking for a license number, which we do not have. Please advise.

Thank you

Lilly Rothbart

Lilly
    Participant

Andy,

Having a major issue we thought it was a category that was causing the error. We had set a grid gallery to pull in “BlogNostics 1st Annual Memorial Day Commemoration” posts so we removed the cat. We set the grid gallery to a cat we know works and all was fine. So we changed the cat for the all the memorial day posts and activated it on the grid gallery received the same message the following message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /nfs/c06/h04/mnt/97690/domains/blognostics.net/html/wp-includes/template.php on line 559

it makes no sense at all.

any and all help is so needed…

Thank You

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lilly,

Are you using Advanced Excerpt, if so, please try disabling it and see if that resolves the issue. You appear to be running out of memory, whatever the call is to the server, it’s causing memory exhaustion.

The next thing would be to disable other plugins to see if that rectifies the issue too. You can leave Visual Composer installed as this will be required to do the test.

Lilly
    Participant

Andy,

It is resolved now, but the plugins seemed not to be an issue. It does appear that each post needs to contain an excerpt, whether Advanced Excerpt is enabled or not. Since we leapfrogged from Dynamix 3.1 to the current version, perhaps we missed some interim version where this became a necessity? It would be nice if there were a logic to this, but at least it is working. Thanks for your help.

Lilly
    Participant

Andy,

looks like I spoke too soon. The Advanced Excerpt problem does indeed seem to be what is triggering this. Any workarounds? We have disabled the plugin for now.

Lilly.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lilly,

I wouldn’t try to use without it. It does mean that if you have long post, you’ll need to create excerpts manually.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.