Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Unablle to install demo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • THEPEOPLESARTIST
    Participant

Hi,

I was able to upload the theme to my wordpress account but now for some reason the demo content uploader won’t work for the You Classic Demo.
    Can you please send me your personal email address so I can send you my log in details to see what is wrong.

Hi @thepeoplesartist

You can send your login credentials here but make sure to set your reply to ‘Private’ so no one can see it.

Also, please don’t forget to include your site’s URL.

Regards,

THEPEOPLESARTIST
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @thepeoplesartist

There are a lot of reasons why an error 500 could be triggered. Normally you will see this from your server’s error logs. You can coordinate with your hosting provider to specifically check what is the issue.

One of the reasons for such could be your server’s memory might have been exhausted so try to increase your PHP memory allocation.

Regards,

THEPEOPLESARTIST
    Participant

When i upload other themes the add a page and add a post functions still work. Is it because the You file is very large? Is it possible to remove all the other demos that i am not using ad just upload the one demo instead?

Hi @thepeoplesartist

The theme relies on Visual Composer and this plugin needs memory to function properly. We need the PHP memory to at least be set at 128MB.

If the issue persists, please check your server’s PHP logs as that normally explains what caused the error.

Regards,

THEPEOPLESARTIST
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @thepeoplesartist

What demo are you trying to import?

I checked your WP Dashboard and you are currently not using our theme.

Regards,

THEPEOPLESARTIST
    Participant

I bought the youtheme. I uninstalled it because it seemed to try ti cleae the duplicated files.

Hi @thepeopleartist

Can you please elaborate on the issue with the theme so we can fix it for you? If you are having issues with duplicate content (posts/pages), this happens when you did multiple imports of the demo.

You can use the ‘WordPress Reset’ plugin to reset tour site to default so you can redo the import.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.