Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Uncaught Error: Syntax error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Natalie
    Participant

Hi, I am seeing this error in my code inspector:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: ul (li.page_item):has(ul.children)
        at Function.fa.error (jquery.js:2)
        at fa.tokenize (jquery.js:2)
        at fa.select (jquery.js:2)
        at Function.fa (jquery.js:2)
        at Function.a.find (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
        at n.fn.init.find (jquery.js:2)
        at n.fn.init.a.fn.find (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
        at a.fn.init.n.fn.init (jquery.js:2)
        at a.fn.init (jquery-migrate.min.js:2)
        at n (jquery.js:2)

I’ve isolated it to the Dynamix Theme. I also switched from child to dynamix and the same thing. If I switch to twentysixteen theme, error gone and all works perfectly.

It’s happening on my live site, but I’ve duplicated the site on the staging environment and it’s doing the same thing. The error is on every page, but it’s affecting the page where I show the calendar. Cant click on anything.

Staging site: http://goldengatebpo.wpstagecoach.com/news-press/calendar_events/
    Live site: http://goldengatebpo.com/news-press/calendar_events/

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Natalie.

Hi @gediweb

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials and give us permission to switch your themes and disable plugins so we can test this?

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @gediweb

I checked your site and disabled all plugins (except Visual Composer) and I do not see the errors. You can disable all plugins again and slowly reactivate one by one so you could identify which of those plugins causing this issue.

Regards,

Natalie
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes. Sorry about that. I did that as well, but since the calendar still wasnt working, I assumed the error was still there. I deactivated the plugins again on the staging site. But the calendar(All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly) is still not working properly. none of the links work. If you switch to twentysixteen theme, this works fine.

Just a note. We are using the Pro hosted version of the calendar, which is not a plugin. This is built on the Time.ly site and shown on the events page with a script.

Hi @gediweb

Thanks for elaborating further.

I checked on this further and this CSS that you added under Theme Options > Customize is actually causing the issue:
    body.home #ai1ec-container a, #ai1ec-container a:link {display:none;}

This CSS hides the title of each element that is the link of the calendar events. This is why the items are not clickable.

If you remove it, the issue should be fixed.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.