Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Uncaught TypeError – Top Menu Error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Ian Taylor
    Participant

My website is http://assemblytube.com/

I upgraded to the latest version of the theme and my top menus stopped working – the dropdowns do not happen.
    I found that plugin WP Google Maps was linked to this in that if I deactivated this plugin the menus worked again.
    I contacted WP Google Maps and they advised me that it was likely to be due to the theme js error.

When I inspect the page with Chrome I get
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘msie’ of undefined
    nv-script.pack.js?ver[0]=jquery:1

It says the file is themes/DynamiX/js/nv-script.pack.js

Please advise on how I can remove this error and get my menus working again.
    Thank you

Hi @taylorig

Have you also reinstalled Visual Composer and RevSlider as there are new versions of plugins that came with theme update?

Regards,

Ian Taylor
    Participant

Yes I re-installed both of those plugins when I updated the theme.

Hi @taylorig

Can you please provide us with login credentials to your site so we can login to your site and investigate further?

Thanks!

Ian Taylor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @taylorig

Are these Premium Plugins or can these be downloaded for free? Because we want to try these plugins in our test area site to check if this indeed doesn’t work well with Dynamix.

Regards,

Ian Taylor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @taylorig

I installed the free version of the plugin and the menus on our test site still works as seen here: http://testarea.acoda.com/dynamix/

Can you please try to delete the theme and reinstall it fresh including all the plugins that came with it?

Thanks!

Ian Taylor
    Participant

I reinstalled the theme fresh including the plugins but the dropdown menus are still not working I’m afraid.
    As soon as I deactivate the plugin WP Google Maps Pro, the menus work.

I don’t know whether this is relevant but when I have upgraded the theme in the past, when I delete Visual Composer, I normally get a warning message at the top of the page to say this needs to be installed for the theme to work. I did not get this message when I updated the theme and deleted the plugins so I had to add these plugins manually using FileZilla to my plugins menu..

I did not mention this before but it may be part of the same issue. The latest version of the Dynamix theme also breaks the functionality of the plugin Visual Sidebar Editor for WordPress (this plugin no longer interacts with Visual Composer when editing sidebars – you just see code)

Thanks for your help so far. Not sure what to try next.

Are you able to provide us a copy of the premium plugin so we can also test it from our end so we can really try to isolate the issue further?

By the way, have you tried to disable all your plugins leaving just the WP Google Maps Pro enabled just to check if there is any other plugins that could be causing the issue?

Thanks!

Ian Taylor
    Participant

Thank you for your help.
    All is now working. It was the plugin WP Google Maps Pro that was stopping my menu drop-downs working.
    The plugin was overriding JQuery.
    Updates to this plugin have fixed this.

Appreciate all your time in trying to fix this for me when the problem was caused by other software.
    Thank you.
    Best wishes
    Ian

Glad to know it is now fixed @taylorig

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you run into any other issues.

Patrick Morgan
    Participant

Ian

I have the same issue and the WPMaps-Pro is the culprit – however, I am running the latest version of the plugin?

What update did you get that fixed the problem?

Regards

Patrick Morgan

Hi @bluegiraffe

It will also be best to contact their support team regarding this. Just make sure you have also updated the theme and Visual Composer to the latest version.

Thaks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.