Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Update from 2.9.2 to 3.1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Sir Ryan the Great
    Participant

I was on themeforest and saw there was a new update for the theme. I am currently running 2.9.2 of the theme and would like to upgrade. I saw in another thread you had requested the user to create a new thread about upgrading from 2.9.2 as there were significant changes in 3.0 but couldn’t find it. What is the easiest way to do this with losing any of my current settings, etc?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s a complete re-write from 2.x to 3.x – the admin and front end have been completely re-written ( it had to be done ), unfortunately this means a bit of tweaking is required, so only do this upgrade if you’re prepared to make a few adjustments here and there.

The shortcode generator has been replaced with a visual composer and therefore the older shortcodes will work on the front end, however you may have to convert the pages in the admin, see the screencast in the new documentation with regards to converting older shortcodes.

You won’t lose any of your settings / pages etc and you can always revert back to the older version, just make a back-up of you current theme via FTP.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.