Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Update Issues with Visual Composer and Feature Image showing up as blank box.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Elaine Gambiani
    Participant

A couple things that I’ve run into since updating to the new version of Dynamixs

1. I can’t update the visual composer because it says that there is an error with the envato plugin. I was able to initially install the visual composer, but they have released a new version and it won’t update.

2. I am having a problem with Featured Images appearing as a box in the posts. They are not supposed to show up. It also shows the link as the image not being available. I am not able to remove it once it has been added. Here is an example: http://vipfanauctions.com/november-man-trailer/

Thanks!

Elaine Gambiani
    Participant

I was able to get the featured image to remove by selected Standard as the type of post. Still have the other VC problem.

Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine,

The versions of Visual Composer bundled with the theme are modified versions to be used with the theme. The official versions from VC will not work with the theme as they are riddled with bugs and do not include all of the extra options.

The current latest version as of this afternoon is 4.2.1, but a new version is coming very soon that will be bundled with the theme.

Once the new update to the theme is out, you can update VC by going to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.