Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Updating Advanced Excerpt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Noah
    Participant

Hello,

I recently tried to update to the latest version of Advanced Excerpt 4.2.3 which went into my plugins directory. I then got the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare the_advanced_excerpt() (previously declared in /home/learnasl/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/advanced-excerpt/advanced-excerpt.php:472) in /home/learnasl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-excerpt/functions/functions.php on line 79

From which I can see the following in functions.php:

require CWZ_FILES .’/adm/inc/advanced-excerpt/advanced-excerpt.php’;
    require CWZ_FILES .’/adm/inc/custom-widgets.php’;

So I realized the plugin is in the theme folder so I removed it from the plugins folder and placed the updated version in the:

/home/learnasl/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/ folder

When I go to Settings: Excerpt in the bottom right corner it still says v4.1, not version 4.2.3

Have I done something wrong???

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You’ll need to edit functions.php and remove this line: require CWZ_FILES .’/adm/inc/advanced-excerpt/advanced-excerpt.php’;

It also sounds like it’s still installed. Try removing all versions of the plugin now in the WP > Plugins Directory and re-installing.

Noah
    Participant

great thanks, did that and the plugin now appears in the normal plugins area, can install and update normally, unfortunately on the plugin settings page it still says version 4.1 at the bottom, but maybe that’s something for the plugin developer to address.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

It maybe just a cache thing, hopefully it will disappear over the next 24hrs.

Noah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.