Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Updating Dynamix Theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jordan A Friend
    Participant

Hi there!

I currently have dynamix 1.0 and want to update my theme. I tried to update it by redownloading the theme and uploading it to WP. Once I did that I recieved this message ‘Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/content/26/8817426/html/LOS.com/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/

Theme install failed.’ .

Thank-you for your help in advance! It is very appreciated and needed lol.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I just tried uploading it and got the same error!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

This method worked for me though http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jordan,

As Jason recommends, please see the documentation here for updating to latest versions.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jordan A Friend
    Participant

So I finally had time to follow the directions and now my theme looks terrible. I had the structure how I liked it and now the website looks nothing like the new theme or the old one :/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jordan,

As there have been massive changes to keep up with this fast moving industry, some of the old code isn’t compatible anymore. You may have to re-select a few options like the menu and gallery sources but using the Visual Page Composer, it makes quick work of re-creating pages. There have been a few years worth of updates since the launch of DynamiX.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.