Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Updating problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Emmanuel
    Participant

Im trying to update to the latest Dynamix and this is what I get why? I tried uploading it with the never failing Envato toolkit plugin and uploading it also via the WordPress upload and nothing heres what I get!

Installing Theme from uploaded file: themeforest-113901-dynamix-business-corporate-wordpress-theme-wordpress_theme.zip
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/content/70/8284870/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/

Theme install failed.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

The theme cannot be uploaded via the WordPress admin as it is too large for the WordPress maximum file size that they set. I recommend using the Envato Toolkit plugin stated above.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Emmanuel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Emmanuel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Emmanuel,

You are using a very old version of the theme currently, there is a small modification you need to make before updating. Please see the post HERE.

When updating to the latest version from a very old version, there are a lot of things that have changed. There will be a few things you need to reselect including your menu, sidebars and you may have to rebuild some pages. The framework of the theme has been updated and there are some big advances in the code.

Please view the following screencasts for more information.

3.+ Overview
    Live Skin Customizer
    Visual Composer
    Shortcode generator (‘t’)

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.