Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Updating Revolution Slider

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Katjang Power
    Participant

I’m currently running Revolution Slider version 5.0.4.1 and the latest available version is 5.0.8 I’ve noticed there is also a version 5.0.6 available (banner on top of page when working in revolution slider)

Since i got Revolution Slider included in the theme package how does this work with updating? I’ve already checked your FAQ speaking of revslider.zip in ThemeName/plugins/revslider.zip. Does this folder always contain the latest version of rev slider.zip or do we need to request this since you are the theme creator?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Katjang Power.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The version with the theme is the latest version that was available when the theme was updated. If you require auto updates, you’ll need to purchase a single license of Revolution Slider.

I’ll update the Slider with the next version of the theme, unless there is an immediate need for the latest version, in which case i can create a download link for you?

Katjang Power
    Participant

Hi,

immediate need seems only necessary for me if there are errors with a new version of WordPress after a WordPress Update, is that correct?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The version that made it compatible with WordPress 4.3 is included in the latest version of the theme.

0rca
    Participant

I have a few revslider licenses and updated it, but that broke a few things, e.g. fonts weren’t displayed correctly anymore. So I had to revert to the bundled version.

Any idea why this is happening? Did you do any modifications to revslider?I prefer to always update to the latest version of each plugin, mostly for security reasons.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, the revolution slider hasn’t been modified. What version of the theme are you using and are you using the latest version of WP?

0rca
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

You have an error on the page. You should try disabling all other plugins to see if this resolves it. There is no issue with the Slider and the latest versions of the Theme and WP, the demo and test servers are all displaying fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.