Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Updating to 4.0 + How To Update Visual Composer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
  • Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know that DynamiX 4.0 has been released and contains quite a substantial amount of new features but there have also been some problems in the upload process to ThemeForest.

If you have updated DynamiX already, you will need to download the theme again as something has gone amiss with the FTP of the files. The files are being re-uploaded to Theme Forest as we speak. I will be letting everyone know when this update is ready to download.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

DynamiX 4.0 updates

– Visual Composer Update
    – Re-worked all existing Skins
    – Parallax and Custom Row Backgrounds
    – Font Awesome Icons Integration
    – Font Icon Shortcode ( Choose from 369 icons )
    – Updated Theme Graphics
    – Sticky Header Fix
    – New Mobile Menu Integration
    – Improved SEO Page Title
    – Updated Admin Interface

Updating Visual Composer
    If there is a purple message, asking for an update, go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Purple box, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

Great. Thank you.

I think by updating that way, we will lost all VC settings stored in database. Is there any better way to get that done? I think there will be files that we can upload and replace with the old files?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

There are no settings stored in the database. The code for VC will be on your pages so nothing will change. Only the update to VC.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

I got a message via themeforest reminder that there is another update for Dynamix (not 4.0 – which I have already installed). I tried to update with envato toolkit. But it shows no available update above 4.0. Do I have to download and install the newest version manually or will it later be work with invato toolkit?

Chris
    Participant

Hi,

What sould I do if I already dismissed the purple box warning?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Chris.

0rca
    Participant

DynamiX has always been my favorite theme on TF, simply because I can do ANYTHING with it (and I am buying lots of stuff there). And everytime new features or trends pop up in the world of web development, a little later Andy is implementing them into this awesome piece of art. In the last weeks, I have worked around a few things (icons, row options, sticky header etc.) and sure enough, Andy comes along and makes my life so much easier again with 4.0. I am so excited, it’s like web dev xmas is actually today! Awesome job Andy, thank you.

Is there a detailed changelog somewhere, with the files affected/changed? It would really help my with my update, as I have to do it manually (to many customizations).

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

What you could do If the toolkit won’t let you update, is delete the theme then use the toolkit to update it again. Or you could try updating manually.
    It is still 4.0 but there was a silent update as there was a problem with the FTP of the files.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

@0rca,
    Thank you very much for the kind words, we just read through your comment on the TF comments πŸ™‚ Would it be OK if we use your comment for a quote on the site? There have been so many files added and changed that we do not have a log of every single one, sorry about that.

@Chris,
    If you navigate to Appearance > Plugins > Is there an option to install Visual Composer again?
    If not, have you been through the steps mentioned in a few posts up?

Go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Purple box, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Thanks for your patience guys, it has been a very hectic few days!

Kind regards,
    Tom

0rca
    Participant

Sure, use it, everyone should know πŸ˜‰
    What about the detailed changelog? Ah, strike that, just read your edited comment πŸ˜€

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

toolkit does not let me update again.
    How to do it manually? At first deactivate and delete or just change the files via ftp?

What about my settings within the setting area and the custom css in the “customize”-tab?

Chris
    Participant

@Tom

Thanks for your response. There is no option to reinstall the plugin. I have now desactivated and deleted the plugin, but no purple box is showing up πŸ™

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Works this new update with WordPress 3.8 ?

Hans
    Participant

Hi Tom,

First of all, thanks for the hard work and the update! Unfortunately I discover the same problem mentioned above by Chris. After updating tot 4.0 I’ve followed these steps:

Go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Purple box, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

But there is no purple box, I cannot re-install VC. Please give us some advice to install.

Best regards, Hans.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

@Chris & Hans,

Please can you reply with your login details and set your reply to private so I can take a further look into this for you.

@Ray, Yes the update works with 3.8.

@Peter, by updating manually I do mean FTP’ing the theme onto your site. Please follow the documentation here for more information.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hans
    Participant

Hi Tom,

After not being logged in for an hour I logged into WP to create a new moderator login you can use as requested above. And guess what… The purple frame was shown! Surprisingly because I’m 100% sure it was not an hour ago. Is this a time based frame or so? Well, I’m glad it works now and I can use the new version of the theme. Apologize for the false alarm.

Best regards, Hans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.