Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Updating to 4.0 with envato toolkit doesn't work – help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

After upgrading to WP 3.8 I tried to update with envato toolkit to 4.0. but i get always a error message! „can not remove old version“ How can this be solved?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have not come across this before and I have had a search with no results linking to your error message. It’s not theme related and there may have been a temporary issue. Try downloading the latest version from github and manually update it via FTP.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Hi tom
    When i try to delete Envato Toolkid via admin i got error message_: envato-wordpress-toolkit-master/index.php. can not remove! so i remove via ftp and install new latest version from github!
    now when i click update automatically i get a BLANK Site and nothing happened !

any idee?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Raymond,

It sounds like you don’t have enough WordPress or suhosin memory on your site. There is a simple way to change these.

WordPress memory guide

If that doesn’t work, try upping you suhosin value value on your server. You will need to ask them to increase to the following suhosin value:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

Most servers have a higher value by default, the odd one or two are too low.

Again, please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    sounds complicated i have no clue about that stuff! it is possible to overwriting the existing files ( DynamiX folder) ?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Raymond,

I have just tried updating using the latest Envato plugin and had the exact same issues as you. But I tried it again 5 mins later and it seems to have worked. I think Envato might have had an issue with their servers.

Please try it again. Also, do you have Skip backup checked within your Envato plugin settings?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Hi Tom i try it a couple of times i try it wit backup checked and without backup checked – doesn’t work!!

With Skip Theme Backup Error: „can not remove old version“
    Without Skip Theme Backup Error: Blank site

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Raymond,

I have never seen this before, I will contact the creators of the plugin to see if there is a problem or if this error can be resolved.

For now, please update the theme via FTP. For more information, please see the documentation here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thank you

happy xmas

Raymond Stuwe
    Raymond Stuwe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

ok so far everything ok with the update ..i installed Advanced Excerpt and VC without problems. Site looks good so far!!

Very good work ……thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.