Home / Forums / ePix Support / updating VC error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Arthur Gu
    Participant

I followed the instruction on updating VC from the troubleshooting guide:

go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, Install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version bundled with the Theme.

however on trying to install the new vc plugin, I got this message:

Fatal error: Class ‘TGM_Bulk_Installer’ not found in /home3/brindle/public_html/arthurgu.com/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/adm/inc/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1580

How do I proceed from here?

Arthur Gu
    Participant

To keep my site still looking normal I found my old version of js_composer.zip from my epix.backup.2014-06-23-20-11-39 folder, uploaded and installed it. My backend editing interface doesn’t seem to work but at least my site looks fine from the front end. Please advise what is the latest version of VC and what the best way to update.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Arthur,

Sometimes this error appears if you are trying to install more than 1 plugin at a time, try installing VC on its own from the Appearance > Install Plugins menu.

Are you using the latest version of ePix?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Arthur Gu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Arthur,

Not too sure what was happening, but I removed the plugin and re-installed it fine. VC is now updated with no issues.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Arthur Gu
    Participant

Thanks Tom. That is strange. I tried deleting several times and got the same error message. At least it is fixed. Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.