Home / Forums / You Theme Support / updating YOU

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • musiciangabe
    Participant

I am just getting started with wordpress, decided to learn it a couple of weeks ago. I have managed to do everything I have needed just have a couple of questions.

-Can I update without erasing the things I have done? (I get a warning from wordpress about this so I have not updated it)

-Also another quick one. How can I edit my iphone view so that it looks better without modifying the desktop lay out. It looks great on a full browser but it doesn’t look very good on the iphone. Do I just need to modify everything so that it looks great on both? Thanks

Hi @musiciangabe

As long as the changes you did are on ‘Theme Options’ or ‘Customize’ and not on the actual theme files, updates to the theme will not erase any changes, but it is always best to have a backup before making any changes.

What specific issue do you have on site when viewing it on an iPhone? Please elaborate. Screenshots will also help.

Regards,

musiciangabe
    Participant

some items appear off center even though they are supposed to be “centered”. Also some the “typewriter” is writing on top of the text below but in the desktop view looks good.

Can you please specify your site’s URL so we can personally check this from our end? Screenshots will also help.

Regards,

musiciangabe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi

For the off-centered image, copy this CSS and paste inside the ‘Custom CSS’ box under ‘Appearance’ > ‘Theme Options’ > ‘Customize’

.wpb_single_image.wpb_content_element.vc_align_center.wpb_animate_when_almost_visible.wpb_top-to-bottom.vc_custom_1463703185292.wpb_start_animation {
        margin: 0 auto !important;
    }

For the typewriter text, I do not see the issue at all from our end. Can you please clear your cache then recheck it? If the issue persists, please send us a screenshot.

Thanks!

musiciangabe
    Participant

OK yea that fixed the image but the type writer is always doing this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnbjddv79z4yiyg/IMG_8805.PNG?dl=0

Also, how can I align the bottom text so it looks prettier than this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7dycbrzs3gtpnt/IMG_8807.JPG?dl=0

Thanks

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  musiciangabe.

Hi @musiciangabe

For the first screenshot, using a smaller font-size should fix the issue. This way, the text will not overflow to the next line.

For the second screenshot, it looks like you manually added the menu items then added a lot of spaces in between the items and this is breaking that layout. There should be an option to add a WP Custom Menu element using Visual Composer. If you do not know how to do it, send over your site’s credentials so we can add one as an example.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.