Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Upgrade safe modifications (social icons, page options)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • 0rca
    Participant

Hi Andy, all,

How can I add a social icon without editing core.php, options-upgrade.php and social-media-urls.php (so that the modification is update-safe)?
    I need to add XING ( https://www.xing.com/app/user?op=share;url=%5Bget_permalink%5D;title=%5Bget_the_title%5D;provider=%5Bget_blogurl%5D )

How can I enable ALL page option tabs for all post types, e.g. β€žCustomβ€œ or β€žSkinβ€œ for posts and portfolios too (update-safe way)?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Michael

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

You can modify an existing Social Icon. Each icon has a bit of CSS attached to it and since you can set your own URL for each icon, that’s the best way to do it.

If you want me to do this for you, I can provide a quote for you?

0rca
    Participant

Hi Andy,

that wouldn’t change the tooltip, so pure css is not enough…

Any other idea? As I wrote above resp. what you might have realized from my question above: I had a solution, where I simply edited the relevant files and fully replace one of the other icons with my xing icon. But I am tired of doing this with every update.

You should create the possibilty to enter URL, title and icon, then we could simpy add even the most obscure social network πŸ˜‰

And any input on my second question?

Cheers,

Michael

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I’m not sure I follow what you mean by the second question, can you explain more please.

With regards to the icon. I can write a bit of jQuery to replace the text too. It is on the development list to create the option to add your own ones. πŸ˜‰

0rca
    Participant

Hey Andy,

The tabs “Page Config”, “Add Gallery”, “Social”, “Blog”, “Custom”, and “Skin” are enabled at pages, on portfolio posts “Social”, “Custom” and “Skin” are missing, but can be enabled through editing options-meta.php, e.g.

$meta_boxes[] = array(
    		'id'         => 'x_custom_metabox',
    		'title'      => 'Custom',
    		'pages'      => array( 'page', 'post', 'portfolio' ), // Post type

But I was looking for a more convenient, i.e. upgrade safe solution.

Re the icons, I’ll insert my icon the old way then and hope for a future update πŸ˜‰

Cheers,

Michael

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortunately there is no alternative to this method at this time. It is on the development list ( I need a clone ) πŸ˜‰

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.