Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Upgrade Theme warning "lose all customization"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi,

today I want update my theme vfrom 3.02 to 3.03. But there is comming a warning message that I lose all of my customization. How can I save and restore my customization?

Kind regards Frank from Germany

Scott C
    Participant

This was previously done with the Child Theme, but the latest documentation doesn’t even have a section on setting up a child theme. I’m curious if the best practice has changed…

Frank Weber
    Participant

High Scott,

does ist mean I can ignore the message and simple update the theme and all will be good like before update?

Kind regards Frank (sorry for the question, but my english is not so save, that it can be that I misunderstood Your message

Scott C
    Participant

I can’t really comment, as i’m not sure. I’m also hoping for the developer’s input on this.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Can you take a screenshot of the warning you’re receiving, the Theme should not display this message, I’m unsure where it’s coming from.

If you’re upgrading using the Envato plugin, you should be absolutely fine, you can make backups too if you’re unsure.

Frank Weber
    Participant

Hi Andy,

here are the 2 screenshots from the update warning. http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/wefoffen/library/

Additional a wish for the development in future. Can we have a collection view of pictures and slid sets as the theme “Expression Photography”? It looks very nice for photographers. 😉

Kind regards Frank from Germany

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I think that’s just a generic message from the plugin, as long as you’ve not made any customization to the style.css file or any other core files, you’ll be fine.

Looks nice, I’ll add it to the wish list. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.